Google map web (database) integration
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $231 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
We have a database that is updated monthly. We would like a google map setup to display this data to users.
The database table is erased and repopulated every month, and isn't geocoded. A sample database is attached.
There are three pages desired - an admin tool for geocoding addresses and seeing what addresses are not geocoded, a general tool that views all addresses, and a specialist map that only displays a subset of the addresses (non-PCPs).
Integrating these with the existing site we'll take care of - these should simply be three separate pages.
We've looked at the code available at: <[url removed, login to view]> and it seems to largely do the trick, but there is certainly no requirement to use this or similar code. As long as it works as needed, the rest is just details.
The three deliverable pages should be:
1. Admin tool. This is a page that is run after the database is repopulated. It should go through the table and geocode the addresses. The results should be put in another table in the database. Addresses that do not geocode should not be entered in the second table (some geocoding systems will default to the center of the zip code for failed geocoding, this isn't what we want). When complete, the admin page should return some basic statistics on the data - total entries geocoded, number of PCPs, and then a list of the entries with errors (displaying title and address).
2. Primary display tool. This Google map should read from the database and display all addresses w/o geocoding errors. PCPs should have one color pin, and non-PCPs should have another. If an address has both, it will have a third color. Finally, there is one hard-coded address that has a fourth color (our HQ) - this entry isn't in the database as it is our own office. When clicked, a pop up should show the address and name of the office (org name) at the address. If there's multiple offices, they should be separated by commas. A second tab should list all doctors at the office.
3. Specialist display tool. This map is similar to above, but eliminates all PCPs (non-specialists). Each specialist should have a separate color/shape if practical, and a legend should be available (can be outside of the map). Clicking on a tab should bring up the address as in #2, but the speciality should be noted along with the org. name. Also, there should be buttons available on/near the map (on/near the legend?) that can let someone toggle which specialties are displayed. A distinct color (or shape) should distinguish addresses with multiple specialties, regardless of what they are.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The database is an access database (sample attached). The website is running IIS and ASP.net. Once the files are uploaded, we're happy to copy the pages to our machine for testing. However, if you need/want access to our sever directly to test there yourself, we can make that available.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online