PHP/MySQL Website Update
- Status Closed
- Budget $100 - $500 USD
- Total Bids 11
OVERVIEW: Modification and addition to web application based upon PHP/MySQL. The current web application allows teams of students to perform and submit creative work online for subsequent feedback and evaluation, a process previously undertaken via paper booklets and traditional mail. Current code involves extensive use of original PHP classes, OOP, and MySQL interaction. Additional programming MUST make use of existing OOP structures and protocols (that is, we have not used Smarty templates, etc., rather creating our own unique classes, which the programmer may use and build upon). Please adjust your bid accordingly to allow for time to learn how our PHP classes and structure work, so that you may work confortably within our existing programming system.
*WE ALREADY HAVE THE FOLLOWING (this is NOT part of the project): (1) A Team module: a site for individual teams composed of students to create and submit work on different topics assigned by the program administrator during the academic year. (2) An Evaluator module: a site where evaluators logon to score and rank submitted booklets. All scoring information is then itself saved to the program database for subsequent viewing by teams. (3) An Admin module: a site for administrative control, including the creation of teams, assignment of topics, management of evaluators, and so on.*
*WE NOW NEED THE FOLLOWING (This IS the proposed project): (1) A Coaches Module: a site where team coaches may logon to view the progress of their teams (a coach may have more than one team). Modification of Admin module to allow for creation and management of Coach accounts. Module and modifications must be based on and may of course utilize existing design and code. (2) Bug Fixes and Enhancements within the Admin and Evaluator Modules. This is described in much greater degree in the attachment below. Please read this document carefully, and message me if you have any questions. (3) Additions to Team Module: a private whiteboard/chat room page or pages for team brainstorming. This feature would allow a team to generate ideas during the brainstorming process, which then could then access at subsequent steps in completing their work.**PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT OUR PROGRAM AND THE ASSOCIATED WEB APPLICATION**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. Extensive commenting of code is a definite plus.
2) We must request the creation of code that follows current design procedure and protocols. As mentioned in the project description, the current application makes extensive use of original OOP and classes (again, we have not used Smarty templates, etc., rather creating our own unique classes). New components and code MUST make use of and build upon existing classes and protocols.
3) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
4) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased. Please note that this involves creation and/or use of code that we may implement and redistribute without restriction (and will likely involve the creation of original code).
5) Our organizization is one based upon developing creative and innovative thought among students. If we can find programmers who share our passion for original and exciting (and at times even wild!) ideas, we will be very pleased indeed!
Kernel: [url removed, login to view]
Apache Version: [url removed, login to view]
PHP Module Version: 4.1.2
MySQL Version: [url removed, login to view]
Browsers: MS IE 4.0+ NS 4.0+Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online