Phidgets Monitoring Web Application
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $347 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $400 USD
We are looking for an individual to develop and write Application to interface with Phidgets device to monitor and report on electrical usage. This will allow us to monitor and provide reports on which electrical circuits have what usages. The back end database needs to be either mysql or mssql. The front end interface for the users needs to be PHP on IIS or completely self contained web server. The main application can be written in the programing language of the employee's choice, however it must be fully compilable by us to verify functionality.
You should be familiar with Phidgets devices and their WEB API programming for this project.
1) Clear and initialize values
2) Reads All values from inputs
3) Convert Values to watts and amps (V=I/R^2)
4) Save in Database(mysql OR MSSQL) (Circuit Breaker Number, Description, amps, watts, date/time stamp, Combined Circuit t/f, value)
5) Some circuit breakers have two inputs each of which need to be monitored, however they need to be treated as one logical circuit since they serve a single device.
6) If database server is unavailable, cache items to local file on server. When database server available push cached logs.
7) E-mail alerts on unable to communicate with sql or phidgets.
8) Read All Values from inputs every 15 seconds
9) Save in Database
10) Clear and initialize values
Reporting (web based)
1) User selected ability to generate reports based upon circuit breaker and date, time, week, month, average, etc
2) Ability to go back up to 60 months
3) Pretty charts and graphs for data along with textual analysis and average lines
4) Ability to calculate "Electric Bill" based upon a cost per KWH and the time frame given in the report.
a. So if the report is for a circuit breaker for 30 days. It should be able to estimate the usage over that 30 days at cost per kWh.
5) Ability to select which phidget device will be used and which ports will be used.
a. Not all ports will be used on all phidgets for this project
6) Front End/Administration panel written in PHP/MYSQL OR MSSQL
7) IIS or apache as web server
8) Support for 2003/2008 operating systems
9) Ability to setup simple basic authentication to prevent unauthorized access
10) Ability to setup sub accounts which can view a single circuit and it's utilization
1. This will use PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 as a base device
2. Multiple PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 per PC.
3. The application can be written in any programming language however the full source must be supplied for any/all applications including non-default header files.
1. The source code must compile on employer pc without error or warnings and function fully.
4. The Phidgets device may not be located on the same physical machine as the database and user interface.
1. Make sure you support both local and remote phidget controls and interface.
2. Acceptance testing may consist of connecting one/all of the following
i. a local phidgets device
ii. a remote phidgets device on a windows host
iii. a Phidget SBC - 2-1072.
1. Ability to select which phidget device will be used and which ports will be used.
1. Not all ports will be used on all phidgets for this project
2. Step by step instructions on how to install and setup the application from scratch including any prerequites not explicitly mentioned in this project plan.
1. THIS IS CRITICAL STEP. IT IS THE VERIFICATION OF PROJECT MEETING CLIENTS NEEDS.
Employer will supply the following:
1. RDP access to a Windows 2003 Host with MYSQL,PHP,IIS installed
2. SSH access to a default/blank CentOS Linux host if requested/required
3. PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8 via connection to either windows or Linux Host
4. A single Voltage sensor will be supplied for testing purposes.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online