I have an application created in Access 2002 and need help getting some functionality to work in Visual Basic.
I have a main form (customer record) with a subform. There is one record in the subform for each product that the customer purchased. Each product record in the subform has several fields. The subform is in continuous list format.
When the user clicks a button (already exists) on the parent form, the code needs to loop through all the records in the subform to determine if any have been marked for processing by the user. As each record is read, I need it to determine if a certain field on that record has been checked.
If the certain field on a record has been checked, then I need to have VBA code create a formatted sentence which includes data from several of the fields in that record.
For example... "Your [itemname] has been shipped and is scheduled for delivery on [deliverydate]."
The code needs to go through all of the product records in the subform and create a separate formatted sentence for each record with a check box checked.
All of the sentences need to be kept in variables that can be combined into one variable to be used as the message text parameter in a [url removed, login to view] command.
I've been able to format and create a simple message text parameter, but don't know how to work with looping through the subform and accessing it's data.
Please note ... this needs to be done in the most easy and simplistic way possible. For an experienced programmer it will be extremely basic.
1) I will provide a copy of my application.
2) The VBA code must be inserted into the copy of my application and documented.
3) The programmer must inform me of every instance where they entered code into the application.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
5) Programmer must agree that all aspects of our application are confidential and copywritten by us.