Urgent: site for user-generated content
This project is now closed with a project budget of $30 - $100 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
[url removed, login to view] will be a site dedicated to educating voters about U.S. politics. The goal of this project is to quickly create the portion of the site that will allow users to write and submit their own articles about political issues of their choosing. I will require the following:
--page to write and submit articles
--page to display Topics
--page to display Summaries for articles pertaining to a particular Topic
--page to display a written article
Additionally, users will be asked to respond to 2 questions for each article they read. The results of these questions will be compared to the user's profile, and will be used to create a rank/rating for the article.
This project can be divided into two mini-modules. The first will enable a basic version of the above description. The second will include implementing a search tool that will enable users to search through articles for key words in the text, title, or summary. It will also include sorting tools that allow the user's to sort articles by rating, rank, or number of views. I am happy to release part of the money after the first mini-module is uploaded and running on my server.
Successful completion of the project includes:
- Well-commented code
- Working installation on my server
- An administrator interface that allows me to easily export data from the database
This project is time sensitive. I will select a bidder based on the following criteria:
1) Proposed time to completion (particularly for first mini-module)
3) Quality of past work / experience building user-generated content sites.
Because these are my selection criteria, please include with your bid: proposed time to completion, price, and examples of past work. Thank you for bidding on this project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
IE, Netscape, Firefox
Will be running on a Linux Server
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online