Users access monitoring in a Samba Servers infrastructure - repost
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $510 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Samba server represents a Linux system tool that enables users from different Operating Systems(Windows/Mac/Linux/Unix) to connect to a Linux machine and transfer files from there.
I want to implement a Samba servers infrastructure which will store different files and to whom users can connect and download those files.
The samba servers infrastructure will have to be configured on a Linux virtual machine(ideally the OS to be Ubuntu). If a better solution can be find here,
I am opened to ideas.
The users connection to the Samba infrastructure will have to be simulated through a script. This script will have to do the followings:
- simulation of different users connection to the Linux Samba infrastructure;
- simulation of files transfer(upload/download to/from the servers);
- allowing the possibility to customize the type of traffic directed to the Samba Servers infrastructure(possibility of selecting(through the WEB interface) what kind of files will be downloaded from Samba(e.g: files that have a dimension between 1MB and 10 MB, .pdf files, .xls files and all sort of this combinations ))
A load balancing mechanism will have to be also implemented such as if the traffic to be distributed across different servers, based on the each server's load.
Traffic monitoring and Samba administration will be accomplished through a WEB interface. Traffic monitoring will involve the followings:
- real-time graphs with all the traffic that is done to the Samba servers infrastructure
- for each server in part, performance parameters will have to be displayed (e.g: how much traffic(in Mbps) was transferred to/from that server,
how much resources that servers is using from the Linux machine).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online