Yellow Pages like Business Index (PHP+MYSQL)
- Status Closed
- Budget $500 - $5000 USD
- Total Bids 16
We want a business listing website that is very similiar to [url removed, login to view]: <[url removed, login to view]>
So basically this will be a yellow pages like a business index with the features mentioned detailly below. One distinctive feature will be ability to add pictures for business and also video. (More details below)
The project will be coded with PHP and use MYSQL. We also want to implement AJAX techology in certain interfaces.
* Main page will be similiar to [url removed, login to view] and be simple: We want a SEARCH fields/button, ADD BUSINESS link, linking to categories and we can add other pages and links there ourselves later.
* Clicking categories will take you pages that list subcategories (eg. <[url removed, login to view]>). We also want business listed in the categories (unlike yell com). Business listings in categories should include pagination.
* Admin Interface to create business categories. This category structure should support inlimited subcategories. Like
Restaurants >> Fast Food >> Chicken Based
* Ability to relate categories with each other. Related categories will be listed at the bottom of the page when you are inside that category.
* Admin Interface to create county's (UK counties), cities within country's, towns within cities.
* Every business will be tied to a business category (eg. Restaurants >> Fast Food) and also a location (eg. uk /london)
* Admin Interface to manage listed items (businesses). Add/Delete/Modify
* Featured Business in every category which will be marked at the top in the listing and matched higher in the searches.
* Admin Interface to manage "pending/moderated" listings.
* User Interface to add business to a category. (It will be moderated until admin approves)
* Business record will include fields like:
Business Name - Business Location (Country, State, City, Address, Postcode), Phone Number, Fax Number, Contact Email, WebSite URL
(These are not limited, I just listed main fields, we'll have some more)
* User Interface to add multiple pictures per business (will use imagemagick and include auto-resize feature). This interface will also include to add a logo image (again resized automatically).
* User Interface for sending emails (to both business and to the site itself). So instead of displaying business emails publicly, we'll give users an interface to email and relay the mail through our site.
* Keep extensive stats for business and display them in relevant sections. (Eg. how many times a business/category is visited/emailed etc.)
* We do *NOT* need a user review/rating tool for business.
* Video can be attached to Business records. Visitors can click and watch. I realize handling this in user interface can be a problematic due to PHP/MYSQL Maximum File Upload Restrictions. We'll probably consider dealing with them by FTP upload by admin so probably we won't have any work to create its upload interfaces.
* Visitors will be able to add business to the directory without registering. So we do NOT want a membership scheme with registration and logining in process. Yet people who add a business to the directory will be provided a password via email to edit this listing in the future though. We'll also a need a "password reminder via email" tool to cover password forgotten cases. This email/password will be used as a member login later for edit business, details or purchase packages like "featured business".
* Automatic Paypal payments (IPN) for business adding (can be turned on/off) and setting business as "featured business". (Featured business lists the business at the top of the listing with a more catching design)
* Browsing visitors don't need to register to the site(So no membership schemes needed). However we need a cookie based "remember my location/zip" tool which visitors can set their locations (on cookie) and the site will remember this in the future visits and give targetted business listing accordingly. (Eg. mainpage can include featured bussiness from their towns for cookies users etc.). For non-cookie users, this info will be kept in PHP session.
* Business range should be viewed (in miles and kilometers) according to ZIP code. So if visitor mentioned his zip code (or town) and we captured this info in the cookie, all business listed should include "xxx miles far from you" info. (A sample of this can be seen in 'Reviewpost' product at [url removed, login to view])
* Extensive search/find/locate/view ability depending on range. (Eg. "list restaturants that is in the 20 mile parameter of ZIP code 81000")
* We want a template based design. Templates can be inside .tmpl files or in the database (with a template editing interface if in db). No wording or styling will exist in .php files. All HTML customization and wording would be done in templates.
* We'll the project skinned to our designer so you'll only be responsible of coding with a basic interface.
* SEO friendly URLs with apache rewrite.
Eg. instead of urls like [url removed, login to view]
we want : [url removed, login to view]
* We'll have extensive business search features. It should use MySQL fulltext.
* Site will support PHP session management for all visitors. (Create a new session for every new visitor and save it in MYSQL DB too). We want an admin interface to show this session info in which admin can see who is doing what in the site.
* I'm a professional webdeveloper myself and I have extensive knowledge on PHP/MYSQL driven applications. I'll be coordinating this project while you handle the coding and I want to stay in touch with you in every step of the project. I like to approve all algorithms and database schemes before you proceed with coding. I believe you'll find it very easy to work with me as we'll speak the same language. :)
* We need a clean and well written code which is properly and extensively commented. I appreciate if it complies with this standart as much as possible:
<[url removed, login to view]>
* We want a developer with extensive referrals. We want to see your live past work (and code sample too) for PHP+MYSQL projects and also want to contact your old clients for referrence so please provide us with these details.
* We want a developer who delivers as promised, responsive and easy to interact.
* A project of this size would require some support for bug fixing after the openning. I believe 4 months of free support after site openning would be adaquate for this project. This free support will only include bug fixing and NOT adding new features but I appreciate the developer to stick with us for sometime after the site openning for adding some other features with extra charge.
* If you have already coded a similiar application and want to configure it according to our needs, that may be ok for us. However if you'll code from the ground for us, we want you to keep it exclusive to our site and not market the same code to other sites.
linuxGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online