YouTube APIs plus...
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $35 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 - $50 USD / hour
Youtube Integration task:
The following task is not associated with any existing database or website. The basic framework will need to also be created, but we are not looking for a complete website design here. This is a simple module that will be incorporated to a website that will be developed inthe future. We are looking for an expert in youtube API integration.
The videos associated with this task will be stored on YouTube, in one YouTube account (not different youtube accounts), but the submission of videos to that youtube account may come from multiple users. The users should NOT need to input a username or password. Encrypted user/pass should be built into the code..
So the concept is, a user opens a submission page, and uploads a video to our youtube account. Youtube has the basic scripts for this task, they also will allow us to edit the videos in our account, and we want all of those features too.
We will want to ONLY let users edit videos that they have submitted. That will require us to create a user page where the user will see the videos he has submitted, and be able to edit those videos. This is different than what youtube provides by default, because youtube lets users see the entire list of videos, so what we are asking for here is slightly different. We want to restrict the videos a user can edit to the ones he has created. This is best done using a database function and a video-management page instead. For example, we store links to the video the user has created in a database where it is coded for that user, and access the video to edit when the user opens his video - management page. In addition, we would also set a category for the video and we would have a description for the video in that database.
• Video submitted by user = RANDY
• Randy uploads video through his page, selects a category, writes a description, then uploads video.
• Video gets uploaded to YouTube, upload process should be visible to Randy so he sees progress.
• After upload the system records the embed url for the video and the Video link from YouTube then gets populated to Randy’s database in our server
• The Video link also gets populated in the database as a category. Example = Food
• So video is attached to user = RANDY, it has a description, it has a catergory, and it is stored in YouTube in our community account.
• If Randy goes to his video edit page he can see the videos he has created, and he can make changes in line with how YouTube allows us to manage videos now throuygh its third party API. However, Randy will not be able to see other user’s videos on this edit page. His edit page, or video manage page, will be limited to the videos he has created.
• If new user = SAM does the same thing, his video will also be in the same youtube account, but the video will be tagged to him in the database, and managed by him only.
• Neither user should need to put in a username or password to upload to youtube. However, because we need to tag the user we will need him to be logged into our website.
• Create a script that will allow anyone to upload to our youtube account without putting in a username and password. Encrypt the username and password in the code.
• Create a database that will store user information and the links to videos as described above, with categories and descriptions. Note, we will want to filter this list by category eventually and display to end user the videos in the category they select as well. We will also want to track the number of views of each video page and track sort by that as well.
• Create a script that populates to our database when the user uploads his video. This should happen seamlessly with step 1, but we can add this script after step 1 and step 2 is done. It is not needed to be done with step 1. First we want to finish step 1 before doing anything else.
Create a user-manage page that allows the user to manage the videos he has created.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online