data extraction from online directory
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $100 USD
I require a simple program to be written that will systematically extract enrties from an online directory and convert the data to a local database format I can then utilse.
I want to store all the relevant stored detail in discrete database fields. It can be saved as csv, xls, dbf or other practical format. I am open to suggestions.
The directory is <[url removed, login to view]>
some comapnies have only very basic information, while others have a subesquent page linked, that contains various other information about the company. if you try a few different companies, you'll find dirfferent headings can appear for different information. I am not concerned with all headings, mainly the ones listed below. If you can capture anything else easily, please advise of them.
Fields to capture include - company name, street number, addressline 1, line 2, city, zip (post code), state, phone, fax, ABN (business number), advert heading, email, web, employee size, date established.
I would consider either of the two following;
1. you develop the program and supply it to me to do the data capture myself
2. You do the data capture and supply me withthe data output.
Attached is a sample of a typical linked page.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online