This project is used as sample code only.
Start with the standard iPhone OpenGL sample project from Apple, GLGravity.
1. Remove the accelerometer code.
2. Replace the model. Instead of the teapot, load a model from external .obj file. You can use this library to load .obj:
[url removed, login to view]
3. Add three sliders, for X, Y, and Z. The ranges for each will be -180 to 180.
When the user move the sliders, re-orient the model to point to the direction of (x, y, z).
So, basically, the purpose of this sample project is to
1. Show how to load an model from an obj file instead of hardcoded in the code.
2. Show how to orient the model, given a 3D point.
You can download free 3D models from the net. For example:? [url removed, login to view]