Excel Template with VBA Program Thing OR a Database Program
This project was awarded to Premshanks for $472 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We are a retail company and need a program to help us create new items.
We have two files, the main company file and the source file.
The main company file is all the stuff we sell, set up like we want it.
The source file is a collection of tables from the companies we deal with.
Example: We may sell 4 products out of the 100 a company offers. The source file has 100 products, our main file has 4 of the 100 customized how we want to see it.
We need the programming to do two main things:
1. Search the main company file to make sure it doesn't already exist. If it doesnt, then search the Source file to see if it is in there.
2. Based on the company the product is from, the program must make recommendations on how to price it, plus some other defaults. i.e. Brand X should be priced at MSRP (suggested retail price, a field in the source table) minus 20%. Brand Y should be priced at COST (again, a field) multiplied by 1.67. There is the potential right now for 2 different prices. Price 1 and Price 2.
We see the workflow as follows:
1. Scan UPC
2. Check the MAIN FILE to see if it exists. If it does, display about 10 fields from the record. **It is possible to have duplications, so the program should show all matching results**
3. Check the SOURCE FILE to see if it exists there. Same as step 2.
4. The user completes the fields to make a new record. by selecting a row from the MAIN or SOURCE file, it will automatically populate the data entry fields, making data entry easier.
5. Program prompts - what price schedule? Recommended price schedule is displayed based on defaults for that particular Brand. User selects price
6. Program generates a record for import into our POS. it will contain manually entered fields from the previous steps, it will make calculations and add them to different fields, and then auto create results for other fields.
Plain Description User Entered/populated from file
Size User Entered/populated from file
Expanded Description Calculated: Plain Description & " - " & Size
Price User selects price schedule, program calculates using the selected fields and amounts.
7. Data is added to a "queue". This queue is a list of completed products that will have a csv file generated for import into our pos.
This project should be completed within 24 hours.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online