We'd like to build a solution that ecompasses dynamic catalog management, inventory updates, inventory requests, purchase order requests and back order management. In short, a solution that is able to handle the demands of order fulfilment for our online store which is hosted with BigCommerce.
Features will include -
- Allow us to add our suppliers or for our suppliers to register (providing their contact information, policies etc.)
- Allows our suppliers to provide FTP information to their product data (CSV or XML) and inventory files
- Lets us access their product data and add this information to our store to create new products and edit existing ones
- Identifies when product data is missing from the CSV or XML file and removes these products from our store
- Updates our inventory #'s from our suppliers CSV or XML files and updates our store
- Extracts orders from our store and creates an inventory request that is emailed to the supplier
- Depending on the expected ship date, converts the inventory request to a purchase order
- Requests shipping info from the supplier on the expected ship date and updates the order in our store
- Alerts customers to back orders and allows the customer to cancel the order, deleting the inventory request
- If the customer accepts the back order, the inventory request is updated to a purchase order
- Alert system so we are notified when certain functions fail
- Dashboards so both us (admin) and our suppliers are able to see activity
This is a pretty large project for us and I am looking for an expert developer to guide us that can demonstrate an understanding of our needs. We're easy to work with but demand 110% accuracy and quality. Submit a proposal along with your thoughts on an idea solution for this project.. phpfuel, Ruby, Drupal etc.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!