Auction Site Layout, Search, Error Log Improvements/Debug
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $233 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We have an auction and swap site that is nearly complete. We have three categories 'Buy', 'Sell' and 'Swap' It is written in .php. Buy and Sell were built into the original script architecture, but the 'Swap' functionality has been started (but not totally finished' by our previous freelancer, who has had to step down due to academic commitments. We need just a few things doing to finish the site ready for use.
I have listed below what we require:
Inserting a default picture of a country flag if user doesn't pick a picture to accompany their listing (i.e. If user sells something American, a US flag will appear, if user sells something Chinese a China flag will appear etc). The countries and flags are linked by category and we already have the flags linked to categories, so it's only a matter of creating the auto insert logic.
Solve bug regarding a 'Swap' function on the site, which asks users to verify their account even though they are signed in.
Improvement of flow on a 'Swap' function regarding automatically sending a prospective 'Swap' partner a communication request. I.e. An automated communication "I am interested in Swapping something for your item" and initiating a communication flow (through the existing internal messaging system).
• Update fonts throughout and add some simple icons where applicable to make site look more contemporary (including the ‘about us’ and ‘contact us’ sections etc etc)
• Investigate why page layouts (especially how they appear in other browsers) are not as sharp as they are when loaded in Chrome. For example, in Internet Explorer, logo section corrupted and black background in /[url removed, login to view] rather than white as it shows in Chrome.
• Use the same improved layout you did in the listings, but move photos to the top next to listing.
• Improve search functionality for site.
• Insert a field (fully searchable) showing city location of sellers, this must be autmomatically shown for all listings. (very important we add location). The city has to be taken from the users registration details!
• After a succesful auction conclusion... (Buyers) need to be prompted to send details of payment. (Sellers) need to be prompted to issue details of despatch (date sent, tracking numbers). In swapping both need to be prompted to send details of despatch (tracking numbers, date sent, or a swap in person option)
• Make sure that counters are subtracted after a swap auction has been closed ([url removed, login to view])
• Try to eliminate as much errors as possible being shown in the [url removed, login to view]
• Fix ‘remember me’ problem
• Design and implement Homepage banners x 3 static rotating at bottom of home page.
• New image upload i.e. a better picture uploader than we have currently.
• Ability to swap like for like item on the Swap function (categories already in place)
• My Account – feedback layout for swap items (itemlink)
Please note, before you bid:
We need a quick turnaround of maximum 3 days.
If you cannot carry out all the tasks competently, please don't bid.
Likewise, if you are going to ask for so called 'bonuses' do not bother bidding.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online