- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $5000 USD
- Total Bids 1
I publish a personal newsletter where people visit my site, browse a few pages and then use a form to subscribe. I can easily tell how many did not subscribe, but I'd like to reach them prior to their exit from the site to find out why. With pop-ups being blocked by default settings on many browsers, what would be the best way to reach someone who visits my site but leaves without subscribing to my newsletter? I assume that they could be cookied on the thank you page after they signed up and if they had the cookie they would not see the message, perhaps. I'm looking for a feedback mechanism that allows the exiting visitor to enter a few sentences in a text box, click a button and be on to the site they were headed to. Added 25 May 2005: I've attached a screen shot image. The site is already designed and you can view it at [url removed, login to view]
1. Code or script installed that sends email message from form to me. I know HTML and can drop in and design the form page and point to the script, so all I need is an existing mail form script and maybe some troubleshooting help if it does not work. 2. Cookie on the success page after the user subscribes. 3. If visitor leaves site by typing in another URL, and they have the cookie, they go to their destination normally. 4. If visitor leaves site and does not have the subscription cookie, they are taken to this page (an interstital page) and given the opportunity to provide feedback as to why they did not subscribe. 5. Additionally on the interstital page, a second cookie is set so that this visitor only experiences this one time. For example, if I visit the site on visit #1 and do not subscribe, on visits 2,3,4 I should not be served the interstitial page since the cookie is there and I've already provided feedback. Yes, I know people clear their cookies... 6. Comments in the form are sent by email when the user clicks the submit button. Alternatively, the user may click the hyperlink below (see screen shot) to continue to their destination without leaving feedback. A cookie is set so that they do not experience this again. Ideally I would like to do this without having to code all of the pages of my site or remove code to turn it off. Rent A Coder requirements notice: As originally posted, this bid request does not have complete details. Should a dispute arise and this project go into arbitration "as is", the contract's vagueness might cause it to be interpreted against you, even though you were acting in good-faith. So for your protection, if you are interested in this project, please work-out and document the requirements onsite.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Linux VPSGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online