PDF document to Flash viewer for large documents
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2327 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
We currently have a system that allows us to upload a PDF document that is converted to fully indexed HTML5 and we would like to create the same in flash. Our current engine is fully designed and the new system needs to work in exactly the same way as the current system. As follows:
1. Upload a PDF file to the server
2. Allow user to select where on the server the flash is published (At present it is [url removed, login to view]
3. Allow us to specify an alternative path (so when flash is not detected HTML5 is loaded instead
4. Allow us to set the chapters and their page numbers
5. Allow us to specify linked documents - this means if we have more than one language we can direct the end user to one file and they can jump to another within to change language rather than use two links
6. Save the configuration to the server and voila
7. Google analytics needs to be linked to each document as well as basic level logging (ip address and what command they run and what time)
8. needs smart URLs so as I move through the document the page changes as well allowing me to provide a path in URL to page 10 etc..
This leaves us with the following
1. Browser is directed to [url removed, login to view]
2. If flash is detected preloader runs, loads first 30% of the document and displays. Other 70% is loaded in the background
3. if no flash then user is redirected to html5 content
4. User has complete control of the document, search print etc...all functionality as the html5 one has
5. the user can switch languages if available
Here are some examples of system that is a competitor and has the function we have (but we have our own design)
[url removed, login to view]
Any candidates we are interested in working with will get access to the designs and more information on the system.
Things to bear in mind - not just the cheapest wins, we are looking for someone who has delivered this before
You will need to agree to a NDA as we deal with very high level clients
The files we deal with are very large (300 pages plus) so we need expertise to help us load the pages in the most efficient manner.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online