This project must be complete by May 14th. Compensation is variable upon delivery time, professionalism of freelancer and delivery time. Please see attached and read the description thoroughly. If you cannot deliver the content management portion of this project, you need not apply. We are seeking a solution provider who will account for all aspects of what we are seeking, and even point out something we may not have considered. The appropriate freelancer will be very detail oriented and a perfectionist in the graphic delivery of his work.
[url removed, login to view] Video Player & Wordpress Plugin
The appropriate candidate for this project will be a master in flash and action scripting with php integration. I have designed the interface (in adobe photoshop cs4 format) for our websites new flash player we are looking to have implemented. The candidate will take the design of our player already completed in PSD format, and convert it into a working flash video player with content management/encoding/etc functionality. We want our videos encoded in the same format as Vimeo HD or Youtube HD. Some of the videos we will host ourselves, and some will be uploaded to our primary facebook page for our blog, and we will use facebook to host the video. Many other sites are already doing this such as [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] just to name a few. They can be used as examples of how it’s done. The right candidate will be able to do that without a problem.
The flash video player requirements are as follows:
1. Share button Link with the following functionality
a. Embed code field with copy/copied button functionality there should also be a field where the user can select the width of the player they want the code for with a customize button next to it. Clicking this button would adjust the width of the video, while properly maintaining the aspect ratio. This will be useful to blogs, etc when people share the video or embed it they can generate the embed code with the proper width, etc.
b. Link to Video page on the blog with copy/copied button functionality
c. Email to friend system where you can input the recipients emails and email them the video title as the subject and link to the video page in the body, with an optional custom message.
d. Share on Facebook button.
e. Tweet button
f. Other share buttons integrated into flash from [url removed, login to view] share/API
g. the embed pages, share pages, etc should all have a slightly transparent overlay that is in the PSD as a layer. You will see it in there, the share, etc options pages should be closed with an X in the upper right hand corner of the transparent overlay. The color of the X should match the same blue as the video, use the X on [url removed, login to view] video player as an example.
2. Ability to give the video a + or – in rating, and display the videos score based on plusses and minuses. This information should be store in our database. Videos should be able to get a negative score, but no one should be allowed to give the video a score unless they are logged in to our blog. If they try to give it a score and are not logged in, the player should prompt them to login or register in order to rate the video.
3. full screen button, the video controls should maintain their same size when the video goes full screen, and they should appear centered in the bottom of the player. The controls would disappear after 5 seconds of inactivity (clicking, mouse movement, etc). The same behavior should be applied to the video in regular size.
4. Volume Control and Mute. The volume control will consist of 5 bars, the bars should be able to be fractionally filled. The fill color for indication of the volume is the blue color used in the video. You can use the volume control at [url removed, login to view] player as an example. Taking the volume all the way down to the end (left most bar and no visible blue) should mute the video. Im in the process of deciding whether or not to use a headphone icon, or musical note icon in front of the bars of the volume control in order to click for mute.
5. Based on the design in the PSD, there will be a video title overlay, which should only be active when the video playback has not been started. The title would also show up after playing of the video has stopped.
6. To Manage our videos, we want to be able to use wordpress (our blog runs wordpress) and have a “Videos” tab added in similar to the already present “Media” buttons, and we would want an “edit” and “add video” buttons underneath Videos as well as a “settings” page where we could adjust plugin settings such as embed code options, example if we wanted to tune the embed codes and include a link in them or wording, etc we should be able to use variables such as %title% in the settings area for embed to change it. Other settings would be good to, like being able to reset the votes on a particular video, etc, this could be done under the edit videos function when editing a videos properties. The edit page should be just like when you search for posts, same search functionality in the backend. Searching for videos would be possible under the “edit page” the Add video page would allow you to specify the video source, there should be three options, option 1 would be the facebook url of the video or embed code, however you need to do that to make it work, option 2 should be to speficy the file to convert and publish directly on the server under /videos/. Option 3 should be to retrieve the video from a URL and encode it then place it locally under /videos/ once encoded in the proper format. When adding the new video, we will need the ability to specify a thumbnail for the video, this would be the thumbnail that shows on the video background before the video has started playing. The thumbnail should be something specified in the video embed code. The video add page and edit pages should have the ability to upload the thumbnails, or change the thumbnail for a particular video.
7. The manage videos process described above should also generate an ipod friendly formatted mp4 or similar file and link it for download on the video page of the site.
8. As in the PSD that you will use as the design to create the player, our logo should overlay the video when the mouse is active, mouse activity for the player should mirror that of [url removed, login to view] player. Study it for more information.
9. When the video has stopped playing the transparent overlay used in the embed/share page should come up with related video thumbnails similar to youtube when the video has stopped playing. It should use the video tags (tags that we would specify similar to when you create a new wordpress post, when creating a video we would create tags for it) to determine what is related.
10. When creating a post in wordpress we should be able to insert players, using a “video” button that should be added to the post template right next to the “image” button clicking this button would bring up the same page as the image upload, but it would just allow you to search the video library to find your video and insert it into the post.
11. The candidate should be very detail oriented, and pay close attention to details such as alignment of buttons, etc. We do not need sloppy work. We want a top notch implementation of our design.
12. The height and width of the buttons, etc in the video controls should not change, the progress bar that shows the progress of how much of the video is downloaded (in grey) and the color on the progress bar that shows how far along the video you are (rapswag blue) should shrink in width. Their vertical height should stay the same.. See these two screenshots for an example:
in this example the progress bar is full width