I have a site that has a number of quizzes on that I want to make available as a flash game.
Although I'm a software developer I don't have any Flash experience nor much graphics expertise.
The flash game should be a simple client consisting of about half a dozen screens (see attached word doc) that talks to my server to get multi-choice questions.
The attached word doc shows a **preliminary** spec of what I want. The screens are actually slightly larger than I want them (just an issue of pasting into Word) and I'm keen to have your input on making it look nicer, particularly moving between screens (it would be nice to have transitions like PowerPoint, but not tacky).
I am looking for an experienced flash developer to write the flash component that can be dropped on to web pages that talks back to my server. If you have examples of your previous work that would be great. If you are capable of mocking up a prototype (with some sample server-side communication) then even better.
I expect the developer and component to be thorough in terms of error checking. I will work on a set of unit test quizzes that will push the component in terms of commonly expected errors (no server comms, malformed data returned, question too long, etc). I also require server contact information to be obfuscated in the resultant file so they cannot be changed to point to another server. (Simply splitting strings into parts them concatenating them during runtime may be sufficient.)
Please do ask questions, and providing a brief work plan will definitely help your bid.
PLEASE SEE DOC FOR MORE DETAIL (I ran out of space).
**Please read supplementary deliverables that go beyond the standard provided by RaC.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Well commented code along with build instructions and details on flash IDE. Design overview doc should also be provided.
5) Example HTML on how to embed the game in a web page.
Support for commonly deployed flash versions for both Windows and Mac OSX with FireFox and IE. Component should run flawlessly from any web page with minimal HTML on the page itself.
In terms of the dev environment/IDE you use, I'm open to suggestion, but I expect it to be available to be commonly used so I can rebuild it should I need to. Please provide details of the tools you plan on using in your bid.
I will work with the developer on server side comms (this will be pretty simple - either plain text or XML with your preference) as well as testing the component.