As a proof-of-concept I'd like to have a small Flash movie developed that interacts through flashvars/xml with a php script and mysql backend.
To see how it should work we point to a more advanced ajax version of online mindmapping: [url removed, login to view] - of course this is a very advanced tool, we only need a basic functionality of this, and in Flash (easier).
We want to create a mindmap by using the flash movie as software, and storing the information in mysql using php. So we start from one point in an empty flash movie, and create branches by using the insert key and go back or switch between branches by using the arrow keys. Every time we hit insert and add text, the information is stored in mysql.
All the stored information needs to be able to read back from the mysql database of course.
The flash movie needs to mimic a mindmap program (see [url removed, login to view]).
* You can start from a point in the middle and develop branches by pushing "insert" on your keyboard.
* You can give each branch some text value + a small link button that can link to a php page that reads the value of that branch id.
* The branches should be able to grow indefinitely.
* You can add new branches by selecting a current branch somwhere and pressing insert again.
* No need for collapsing branches.
* You should be able to move the map around on the screen by clicking on an empty space and dragging.
* As you add a branch and type in text, it should be stored as a record in mysql using php to post and read values.
* the map should be zoomable with a plus and min icon, plus if possible with the mouse scroll button.
* Functionality is zooming, moving, adding (insert), selecting (mouse click + arrow keys), editing (F2) and deleting (del) of branches. Branches need to be spaced evenly, so no overlaps occur. A good starting point is the freemind flash viewer (this tool doesn't allow you to add branches, only views stored mind maps through xml - it's a good example though). [url removed, login to view] - please note that you cannot use this code as a basis for your project.