I need to design and develop the first phase of a website to search and display bibliographical information from a database. Functions:
1. Homepage / Search for a Book / Advanced Search (Title, Author, Publisher, Year, Keyword)
2. Search Results
3. View Bibliographical Details of a book.
4. Abebooks API to show copies of books available for sale.
5. Upload Inventory of Books (CSV file). Simple function to upload books to admin.
6. Integrate an existing PHP script into admin panel of the website. The existing script adds books to the database and presents possible duplicates to the admin for manual handling.
All titles, authors, and publishers should be hyperlinked and when clicked will search for all other books with that title, author or publisher. Admin panel with CMS and function to manage uploaded files. Database must be highly scalable and capable of holding 1M or more books.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $654 for this job
Do you have a hosting provider for the web site already chosen? What database systems they offer may change the way the system is designed. Do you have any existing ideas about what you would like it to look like?