Ecommerce site creation which includes a marketplace
This project received 39 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1147 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We are a startup retailer and one of the things we'd like to do is setup our site to allow other retailers to advertise and sell their products through us. This is in the same way Amazon marketplace and playmarket work however there will be some differences and initially the type of products will be restricted. Developers will need to be familiar with tax laws especially around VAT. The site will be restricted to UK only traders to start with but with a view to initiate a international option.
The following is a quick summary of the features that it should support.
- Trader account creation with product portfolio management
- Trader should be able to view sale/purchase history
- VAT calculation
- Ability to transfer funds to Bank account
- Items are sold through the marketplace so CC payments will need to accepted (developer should be aware of PCI DSS compliance)
- Email handling without traders and customers sharing email addresses (for auditing purposes)
- Suggest a suitable secure hosting package
Additional features to follow, but this is a starting point. Would prefer if the work could be quoted as a fixed price.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online