We are exploring a new project:
1) users logging though FB account
2) Users' data (like name, location, age, relationship status etc) stored on the website.
3) Users searching other users based on criteria (like age, location, work etc)
4) User clicks on any user (displayed in the search)
5) Show the user how he is connected to that user. Exm: U1 F1 F3 F2 U2
Show ALL the possible connections.
U1& U2 are the two users. F1, F2 & F3 are the friends of friends of U1 & U2.
There are 2 ways to solve this problem:
1) We definitely know that if we store each user's data (user's own data and his friend data - like name and friends email id) then over a period of time it is possible to achieve the above task. It will be like importing Facebook data onto the site.
2) Is there any alternative? Like getting user's friends' friends' data to the website in ongo.
Anyone who has done this type of work (either approach) and can demonstrate this work will get the project.
1) Project approach will be Agile. We would like to see several iterations of the project on weekly/bi-weekly basis.
2) Once the above mentioned requirement is met there will be further work as we will be adding the requirements with every iteration.
3) Although project budget is not too high at this time as we are not sure if this approach will work. One it is confirmed more requirements will be added to the project and scope will increase and hence the budget as well.
4) It will be a search intensive website; so there will be quality standards for search functionality.
5) We will also be taking this site to mobile. So there will be additional work.
If you have any question please contact me. As i mentioned project budget is just an indicator and we can negotiate it anytime if you can demonstrate me your work. It is not only about the requirements but also about quality.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $1139 for this job
You can check my profile page regarding the api and fb related work i am ready to work with you. if you are interested let's discuss it in more details for the proper estimation of time and cost.