We have created a database driven website for our own use. This is what we now want to achieve:
1) have multiple web servers running the website, which is in turn connected to a MySQL database.
2) make the hosting machines redundant of each other in case one fails. In such scenario, the users can still connect and work normally because the data is still available. In short, High Availability.
This is what WE will do:
1) deploy (initially) 2 servers running a flavour of Linux / BSD operating system.
2) connect them to High Availability firewalls (so the websites/machines will load balance).
What we need from YOU is:
1) Someone to install MySQL in a High Availability configuration using an initial 2 hardware servers that are connected by Ethernet (see above).
2) Configure Apache for secure web hosting on each web server using PHP.
Your QUOTATION should clearly state HOW you intend to make MySQL into a High Availability arrangement, securely. If you have no history of configuring Linux servers and MySQL do not waste your time or ours by applying for this job. Time and quality of work is important to us in this task and, we will leave negative feedback if you cannot properly do what you bid on.
Please note in this regard, we will have a 3rd Party contractor verify the security of all work done on these machines, if for any reason your work is found insecure / unfit for purpose we will leave negative feedback that clearly states why your work was inadequate.
If you do a good job, we will continue to pass work on a semi-regular basis to you, including work related to expanding and maintaining the database installation.