Convert a website into a Wordpress template & Other development jobs.
This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £221 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
I have a live, functioning website and I'd like several changes making to it. Although I have listed this job today, the website will not be available for you to make these changes until around a week's time, so please bear that in mind when placing your bids.
Create a beta version of the website.
As this website is a functioning, live website before you do anything I need you to create an exact clone of the site, that can be accessed by visiting the IP address such as [url removed, login to view]
This way I can be sure that there is no way for the site to be accidentally taken offline, which means I can avoid any disruption for my users.
Create a Custom Page Handler
I need you to create a custom page handler that notes down the domain somebody used to visit the site (see job 3) and then inputs that data into a hidden field in the Mailchimp forms on the homepage. This is so that I can track where each user comes from in my Mailchimp lists.
Add functionality to easily create subdomains
I need you to add the ability to create subdomains, so that I can track where each user comes from to visit the site. For example, if the user clicks a link on YouTube, I want to know they come from YouTube, so the link they’ll click will look something like [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] I’d prefer it if I could create the subdomains within the Word press UI but I don’t know if this is possible.
Add the ability to track users who don’t double opt-in through Mailchimp
Below is a step by step of how the sign-up system on this website currently works:
1) User types in their details on the home page, then clicks Submit.
2) The information is sent off to Mailchimp servers and then the user is redirected to the Thank-you page.
3) The user then receives an email from Mailchimp asking them to confirm their sign up. If the user does not click on the confirm link, then Mailchimp does not store their information.
4) If they click the confirm link, then they are taken to the Instant Library page, and signed up to our mailing list.
Below is how I want the sign-up system to work:
1) User types in their details on the home page then clicks Submit.
2) The information is stored in an SQL database on my Ubuntu Server, and then the user is redirected to the Thank-you page.
3) The information is then forwarded on to Mailchimp, so that the user can click on the confirm link and sign up to the mailing list.
If we work this way, then I can compare the information in the SQL database to the Mailchimp list to see who didn’t click on the Confirm link in the email they were sent. Which enables me to then email the user to offer them a second chance to confirm they want to sign up.
I want to set up Google Analytics to track the following:
• Each of my old websites, which redirects to this new one. I believe this would involve working on those old websites.
• Number of visitors to the IYP website (regardless of whether they sign up or not)
• Number of times each resource on the Instant Library is downloaded.
Conversion to a template
I don’t know whether it would be better to make the site a template before or after completing the above jobs, but either way the website needs converting to be a fully functioning Wordpress template, that is entirely customizable within the Wordpress UI. This is because I plan to use this website as a template to create more websites in the future.
Assist with changes after I’ve completed User Acceptance Testing.
This may involve slightly changing the layout of the website or changing the header image for example. Most of the changes will be made by myself, so it may be best to account for these changes as extra works, and additional payments..
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online