Wordpress / BuddyPress / bbPress - Account Switch
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $347 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
A friend and I are building a role playing site using the latest version of WordPress with the BuddyPress and bbPress plugins. We'd like to hire a programmer to create a plugin so that users can instantly switch between their various "character" accounts while on the site.
The role playing aspect of the site will take place only in the bbPress forums, but we want the master and character accounts to also have BuddyPress / bbPress profiles like other users.
Here is an add-on for vBulletin that does exactly what we want: [url removed, login to view]
There is a similar plugin on the WordPress site, but it only allows for admins to switch to user accounts: [url removed, login to view]
Here's what we need to do:
1) Each user has a main, regular user account. It can be any standard role. This will serve as their master account.
2) If a member wants to start a new "character," they fill out a form that will create a sub-account for them automatically. Each character will be in a custom role, and will be linked to their main account. There may be multiple character accounts per master account.
3) There must be some way in the admin panel to differentiate an account that is the master of character accounts from one that doesn't have character accounts associated with it. This is so we can send out special email notices, etc to all the role players. The admins should also be able to see what characters are associated with each master account.
4) The character accounts should have the option to use the email address of their master account, or let the user specify a unique email address.
5) The admin will receive an email notification when a new character account is created. The email will include the master account and new character account usernames.
6) The user must be able to log into their master account, then instantly switch back/forth from their master and character accounts without logging in again. I've seen this accomplished best with a select box that populates with the names of the user's master accounts and sub accounts. This will also need to work if they log in with FaceBook / Twitter / etc. The character accounts may also have their own FaceBook / Twitter, etc accounts.
7) The character may have custom profile fields (that only show for the character accounts)
8) The admin must be able to unlink or delete accounts from the admin control panel.
9) If a character account subscribes to a forum topic, and that character shares the master account's email address, the subscription email will only be sent out once (rather than once per account) so the member doesn't receive duplicate emails.
10) We'd like a page that lists all the characters and the member who plays them (their associated master account)
Any other ideas or suggestions to make this work smoothly are appreciated! :)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online