login for web app
This project was successfully completed by esolzsales for $257 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
We currently have a dead-simple, one-page web app (php) that allows FB signup/login/logout taking data from a dead-simple mysql database.
What we need is:
1. enable signup/login with Google in the same way we do for facebook.
need to be able to merge account somehow if we recognise it’s the same person (same email, when they login).
need to write user data in the same DB table we have now for FB.
if possible without creating additional tables on the DB but using only one table for users
2. for those users we cannot recognize they are the same, provide some way for them to merge their account so that regardless of how they login we know it's the same person
3. give possibility to “unregister” (not, say, to unlink google, but to be deleted from the system).
Ask for a confirmation, leaving space for a message we will write (e.g. “you understand that all the information will be deleted etc etc” and upon confirmation, we mark the account as deleted).
When we unregister we simply tick a boolean field on the DB, we don’t remove (which means that when we login, we need to check this boolean field to see if a person is registered/active or not).
If a user register again later, it will be a NEW tuple in the user table
after login the functionality must be the same as we have now for Facebook, that is, leave the option to log out, access the profile page, etc
4. not a feature but an important point: Factorize parameters in a single file, with the usual good coding practices, encapsulation, etc… want a single place where to change all config parameters (such as application IDs),
Code readability and maintainability is the most important aspect
5. have a minimal, minimal documentation (like one page) for somebody who needs to put their hand in the code. minimal, as the code itself should be readable.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online