229208 Ajax Drag and Drop Project
This project was awarded to etylocussl for $400 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
The project is a fairly simple project for the right programmer who has both php/MySQL and Ajax experience (especially if the programmer has used mootools, scriptaculous, YUI library, or other such toolkits.
Description: The idea is to have a way for my forum users to track the payments they have been made by companies. They will have a list of the companies in our database to choose from, a list of the payment methods available, and have the ability to drag and drop them onto a calendar (which ultimately updates a database). They will also be able to place the companies in 'buckets' for things like 'Highest Paying Company' or 'Most Sales'.
The Mockup of the WEB PAGE which would be the interface to the application (you should create the web page almost exactly like what you see in the image in order for the project to be finalized):
[url removed, login to view]
Let's start at the top:
1. The section titled 'Setup Parameters' - This section is to allow the user to PRE-Select the payment method. The payment methods will be organized in their own database table and will have a unique identifier and a description.
2. The section for Companies (header says 'Sort By') is the dragable section. Each company can be dragged onto the calendar or into a bucket. The company names should be sortable by alphabet (asc or desc) using the 'abc' graphic. These companies are from a datatable as well.
3. A user database should also be created to test this system. For the purposes of development, the programmer can allow the selection of a user id from the following datatable.
4. A Payment Information database will hold all information for each user. This information is when and how the user was paid by each company (ex: Paid on June 7th by 'J Company'). The datatable is as follows.
5. A 'Bucket' datatable would be used to keep track of different types of information including which company paid the most and other such items. These are monthly items and only ONE company can fit in ONE bucket. The datatables are:
How a user might use the system:
1. Updating Payment Dates - (as an example) The user would grab 'F Company' AND drag that item to June 4th on the calendar (when dragging, follow the coloring of the company and the highlighting of the calendar as shown). Once the company name is dropped, the table (db_table_Payments) would be updated with the appropriate information.
2. Updating Buckets - (as an example) The user would grab 'F Company' and drag it to the 'Highest Paying THIS MONTH' bucket. The buckets themselves are populated from the [db_table_Bucket] datatable. When the user drags 'F Company' to that bucket, the [db_table_BucketData] table is updated with the appropriate information
3. When highlighting over any date on the calendar, ALL payments for that date and that user will show up in a box next to the cursor as shown.
4. using the arrows next to the month on the calendar, the user can move back and forth on the calendar to bring back previous months information about payments.
5. IN THE CURRENT MONTH, any information can be updated by dragging the Company Name out of it's spot onto the calendar and dragged to another date. This will update the datatable [db_table_Payments] with the new information. If that company is dragged OFF the calendar, the information in the database will be deleted for that item and it will no longer show on the calendar.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: The programmer must use his/her own database (MySQL) and php along with one of the following library/toolsets: YUI Library, Mootools, Scriptaculous (or another approved in PMB).
If there are ANY questions, please let me know prior to bidding on the job and I will update everyone with the details.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online