Java Poker Game W/ Live Cam
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $340 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$100 - $750 USD
I need a Java-based poker game applet that has a live-camera window embedded into the game. The live-camera will show a host (the dealer). I also need a "backside" applet that the host will use to moderate the game (deal cards, open & close the game, etc).
Before going any further, please note that I would prefer a coder with a vast amount of Java experience who is comfortable with embedded applets and multi-user interaction.
Here is how this should work...
We plan to use [url removed, login to view]'s Live Camera Hosting setup, although, we're not entirely sure that your solution (whatever you come up with) will work with them. If not, be able to suggest an inexpensive streaming media host that can do it.
This will be hosted on a Windows 2000 Server. SQL Server is available if you need database interaction.
This project is for an adult site - if you have a problem with that, please don't bid.
English-speaking bidders only, please.
This needs to be finished and delivered by November 1st.
I will pay EXTRA to anyone who bids low, and does an exceptional job.
This is the first game of 8 that we have planned to implement. The winning bidder should be available to work on these other projects in the very near future. I'd like the games to maintain a uniform look and feel... this is most easily accomplished by using the same developer.
I've given every coder that has won my bids extra jobs. All of them still work with me to this day.
Thank you, and good luck on your bidding!
The front-end applet that our clients will see should meet the following requirements:
1) Should be a Java applet embedded within the browser
2) Needs to be a poker game (if you can't supply graphics like the cards, chips, etc - please let us know. Although this may lower your chances of winning our bid request, we may be able to supply the graphics ourselves if you are a phenomenal coder).
3) Each player should be able to see who he/she is playing against. This will obviously require server interaction, so be prepared to write whatever java code is necessary to make that happen.
4) Each player should be able to see how many hands or rounds each other player has won, as well as their own winnings.
5) Upon winning, or losing, an appropriate action will need to be taken on the server - I will provide [url removed, login to view] pages to handle these actions - your Java code will need to call them and pass along the appropriate parameters to make this happen.
6) This game needs to be chat capable. Players should have an option of speaking directly to the dealer, to one particular player, or to everyone involved in the game.
7) The host needs to be placed in the middle of the applet. The host should be the center of the game.
8) Up to eight (8) players should be allowed in a game at any given time.
The backend applet will be used by the host, or game moderator, and should meet the following requirements:
1) The host needs the ability to deal cards, start new games, boot people out of a game, etc. When the host clicks "Deal," all players who need cards should get them.
2) The host needs the ability to see all player scores/hands won, etc. They should not see the players cards though.
3) The host needs the ability to turn the camera on/off.
4) The host needs the ability to see themselves in the camera so they know what they look like to the players.
There are probably more requirements that I haven't mentioned, and can't think of at the moment. Therefore, you should have experience in doing this exact same thing. The project needs to be completed and working - that is the ultimate requirement of the project. In other words, if you are the winning bidder, be prepared to do whatever is necessary to get this up and running.
Also I will need:
Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 Server
.Net v1.1 enabled
SQL Server 2000 available
Clients should be able to use any recent browser version (IE 5+, NetScape 6+) to use the applet.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online