This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need a script that will do 2 things..
1) Load the referring window underneath to a new specified location after 5 seconds.
2) Load a prompt when a visitor closes the window that asks "Are you sure you want to leave this page? Click OK to leave this page, or Cancel to stay on this page". When clicked OK, the page does NOT close but the original window location changes to a new specified URL. When clicked Cancel, the prompt window closes.
Very similar to the script here for example go to [url removed, login to view] and then at the bottom of the page you will see the many top referrers there. Click on "Crankys Shack" and you it will open a new window to [url removed, login to view]
After some time the original referring window ([url removed, login to view]) underneath is loaded to a new location. Also when you close the Cranky Shack window a prompt window loads and asks if you are sure you want to leave the page.. This is what I need done.
The script needs to be..
- Needs to be compatible with the latest version of IE and Firefox. IE7+ disallows even [url removed, login to view]() function, etc.
- Prompt window needs to work ONLY when window is closed or back button is hit (Not when a link is clicked on the page to go to another site or page)
- Needs to work only 1 time (once) per browser session or once per unique visitor.
I need this asap too. That is all Thanks!
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online