We are a ? mobile apps company. We have a voice messaging app called VoxNotes on Android and iPhone. We want to port it to BlackBerry and Symbian S60/Nokia using J2ME.
This is the task. Need to port the Android Java version to J2ME and test on the top 8 BlackBerry smartphones and top 8 Nokia smartphones. In your quote please specify which phones you have access to and can test on (including via remote testing services). ?
Please take a look at the app VoxNotes on Android. You can access and explore the free trial on Android Market or on [url removed, login to view] . You need to recreate the same functionality on BlackBerry and Nokia/Symbian. We strongly prefer that this be done in J2ME. The Android code is already in Java, so this is a simple porting job. The main task is to identify, implement and test the appropriate J2ME replacement for each native Android Java API for such things as:
- Accessing contacts
- Updating email address and phone number in contacts
- Recording and playing back audio
- Turning on and off the speaker
- Store data in local database
- Perform http operations (mostly asynchronously) including file uploads in chunks
- Show progress bar
- Run timer-based background thread/process to check for new messages periodically
For more questions, please contact voxnotes@[url removed, login to view] .