Real-time GPS Tracking
This project received 33 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We're looking for a developer to create an application and website for real-time GPS tracking. The idea is to accurately track and share routes in real-time using a mobile phone and GPS receiver. Using a mobile phone with built-in GPS or an external GPS receiver, a user can map and track his location in real-time and allow others to follow his progress. The track will be displayed on a Google map on our website.
1. All track data is automatically uploaded in real time.
2. Should work with web-enabled Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Blackberry, Motorola, Siemens, Panasonic, Lenovo, HTC and LG phones, and Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0.
3. Needs also built-in GPS or external GPS receiver (connect to phones via Bluetooth). Users download and install our software (a Java application) on their phones.
4. Tracks are drawn on Google Maps and stored in our online database. The uploaded tracks are stored on our server and available for viewing and editing. Let others view your tracks and photos by making them public.
5. In areas without network coverage the mobile phone will record the tracks which can then be uploaded later to our website. Data can be transferred online via GSM, EDGE, 3G or WiFi networks.
6. Allow users to attach geotagged photos to tracks.
Please do not bid unless you have the experience and expertise to complete the project. Thanks for your attention and good luck bidding.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online