XMPP + ejabberd presence and chat setup for online dating site
This project received 11 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1702 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are building an online dating site and have a need for a server side developer to support our CTO.
Technical Job Spec:
- Building a Java RESTful Webservice to serve data and media to Ajax/Comet clients. This service will also interact with an ejabberd service that will provide presence and chat capabilities over XMPP.
- Working with XMPP presence data from ejabberd (or a client connected to ejabberd) to implement an infrastructure for delivering corresponding user data and media.
- Implementation of resource permissioning.
- Managing XMPP sessions (over BOSH) on behalf of clients (registration, logging in, passing XMPP session to clients, joining channels).
- Implement various server side workflows including user registration, user profile maintenance, user chat request matching and initiation, event booking and payment.
- Database persistence - schema design will be built on top of the ejabberd MySQL schema.
- Integration of user profiles and media with Facebook API.
- Email notifications.
- Java based Ajax/Comet Webservice development (e.g. using Tomcat/Jetty or Atmosphere)
- REST API (e.g. Jersey, Utterly Idle)
- SQL (MySQL)
- Unix development and scripting
Desirable (optional nice to haves):
- Java libraries for XMPP over BOSH (e.g. Ignite smack-bosh)
- 3rd Party Event Booking APIs
- 3rd Party Payment APIs
- Facebook API
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online