- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $300 USD
The objective of this project is to develop an Electronic point of sale (EPOS) system using Java Card based E-Wallet. This application will also use a MS SQL server 2000. database to hold information on transactions, employees, customers and products available for sale.
i.e. a fully functional EPOS system using a Java Card E-Wallet is the primary goal of this project. However I have two secondary goals which I want to develop but the main aim is to have the EPOS system. The secondary goals is to have to program a Door lock system to demonstrate the use of multi selectable applets, and to program a management system that would link the EPOS system and door lock system, essentially giving the user the ability to track people through a building.
The main aim is on the EPOS system which will give the user a GUI display on the screen and the user using his Smart card will be able to buy products. The card will contain his unique ID, name and balance. this system will be linked to the SQL database sitting on a server.
The EPOS system should provide a simple to use and quick till system for an internal shop.
It should provide the following facilities:
· Each transaction to be logged
· Staff to be validated by both card and database server
· Simple to use interface
· The terminal application can be authenticated by the JavaCard applet
All transaction, debit, credits will be stored in the database server. The terminal (computer) will provide the GUI, the products available to be sold and also security to allow specific users to have access.
The first element of security will be at the log in. on execution of the application (which should be done automatically on start up of the machine), the system will request the users ID Card to be entered into the system. A pin will then be requested. This info will be checked against entries held on the database and on the card. The database will return the level of clearance that individual has on the system. There will be three levels of clearance:
conitunuing.... an overview.........
1)**User**: access to basic facilities of the system. Debit, credit and logout
2)**Supervisor**: Along with user facilities, a supervisor can also add, edit and remove products in the system
3)**Administrator**:The administrator can exit out of the program, and edit the system settings.
Once the user has logged onto the sys. They will have to remove their card. There are than two routes:
Once the list of products is compiled the debit button is pressed. This invokes a smart card request, and the customer must place their card in the reader, and enter their pin.
2nd is the customer is placing money onto their card. The credit button is pressed, and the value is placed in the relative box. When the confirmation button is pressed, a smartcard request is invoked, and the customer card is placed into the reader. A pin is also required for this option.
* The terminal application should provide an easy to use GUI
* Communication between the terminal and the java card is to be via RMI.
This is just an overview of what is needed
above is still the description.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done and it should be well commented using java doc coment.
2) a report of about 5000 words exapling the functions and each part of the system basically the funcationality of the report.
3) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
xp and javaGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online