Add discussion forum to my web site
This project received 37 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $267 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $500 USD
*I have created a web site with some simple HTML pages. I am looking for a web developer, who can add discussion forum in my site.
**After the forum is complete, an administrator (e.g. myself) should be able to? do the following: -**
1. Add some other members as admin.
2. Create forums and any forum within a forum.
3. Edit/delete any post, any thread, any forum.
4. Lock a thread so that no new posts can be added.
5. Unlock a thread.
6. Ban/reallow a member.
7. Anything, which a member can do (see below).
**A member can do the following: -**
1. Read any post without logging. But, for posting he must log in.
2. Create account, log in, log out, change password, change profile details, request for password to be emailed in case he has forgotten.
3. Create new thread in a forum (only when logged in).
4. Add a new post in an existing thread(only when logged in).
5. Edit/delete a post created by himself(only when logged in).
6. Format any part of his post. At minimum, you should add bold, italic, underline, text color and include some more formatting if you can.? What I want is that there should be small buttons with captions "B", "I", "U" written on them. After typing a post, the user will select a text. He will click B and the text will become bold. Click B again and text will become normal. Likewise, I is for italic and U is for underline. There will be some drop down box (or some other method) by which he can change text color.
**As a developer, you please decide the following because I am not very particular about them: -**
1. Layout (use your creativity here; layout should be pleasing to look at - that is the only requirement).
2. How account should be created, what are profile details, how password is emailed when member has forgotten the password.
3. What smilies to add so that members can use them in their posts (add as many as you can).
**Keep in mind that pages should load faster.
Database should be MySQL. You must use optimization so that if less space will fulfill a feature, then you must not use more space.
My web host provider provides? php 5.2.6,? MySQL version 5.0.45-community-log? (I do not know what they mean by community log).
In future, I want to add lot more features (e.g. eCommerce). But, for new features, I will post new projects when needed. As of now, please do only the above.
Let me know if you need any clarification in requirements. Let requirements be very clear before you start the work.? ? ?
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online