The finished product will display custom markers and info windows using the Google Maps API based on an initial longitude and latitude to center the map and mark the position of the primary object. Additional markers are automatically placed around this object based on how big the map is and zoom level. There will be two sources for the data and both of them will parsed using either SQL queries or XML output from PHP (depending which works the best) to obtain the longitude / latitude and basic data needed to display them correctly on the map. The additional markers will load using AJAX, which will be reloaded when you resize, move or zoom the map. The two different sources (Hotels and Points of interest) should placed in layers so that it's possible to turn on and off them using variables if I only want to display one type of object. A third optional layer will consist of polygon shapes that can be overlaid on top of the map, this should also be possible to toggle on and off.
- Map must be called from a PHP function with the possibility to set initial long/lat, maximum number of markers shown and the width / height of the map etc.
- The map must utilise the Google Maps API version 2 or 3, whichever works best.
- All code must be documented using comments.
- Data handling must be secure so that external websites can not load or use the data in any way.
- Markers must be displayed with custom icons (that are provided).
- Map must be re-sizable, meaning it will load and re-center the map if it is resized using i.e. jQuery CSS calls.
- Info windows will be displayed on mouse-over on a marker.
- Info windows must be displayed with CSS classes defined in an external stylesheet.
- Info windows must contain a clickable link to a Street View mode (based on coordinates) which will be presented using a jQuery lightbox (also provided).
- Markers must be placed in two layers (Hotels and Points of Interest) so that they can be independently loaded if needed.
- Separate layer for polygon shapes.
- Map must be compatible with Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Safari 3, and Chrome 4 and higher.
- Performance optimized so it loads quickly.
- Markers are automatically loaded based on an initial longitude, latitude and zoom level.
- New markers that are in range are automatically loaded with AJAX on resize, movement or zooming of the map.
Questions? Don't be afraid to ask!
20 freelancers are bidding on average $456 for this job
Cost effective and efficient PHP Professionals and designers available for your project. Please check PMB for details. For our portfolio, please visit http://www.omtechnologies.org
Hi There, I am conversant in all technical aspects that are a prerequisite to this project. I have done multiple map projects before and I have sent a sample of my work to you in PM. Regards, Anurag
I can do this... i have a lot experience with jQuery solving problems with different sides of plugins, core even making integration with jQuery and others. I'm interested... look for Brazil!
We are specialized in Google Map API....we have dummy sample for proving our strength in this sector....please visit the link... http://gmap.ahsaniaes.com/