Datafeed editing Import/Export for Ecommerce store
This project received 19 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $603 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We have an online store which needs to be updated daily with a datafeed. It utilizes interspire shopping cart. We need this to be fully automated.
We are looking for:
1) A script which can connect to our supplier and download the datafeed file (is in tab format) (needs to be done multiple times a day - we must be able to manually set the times it runs and be able to change the location of the file (making the script future compatible incase directory changes, so we can edit that as we go along)
2) Able to edit the datafeed it recieves in TAB deliminated format, and import it (update products) into interspire shopping cart on the fly (if you know ISC api, you will be ok)
3) We need to be able to take the price listed in the price column, and markup by a % on the fly whilst updating the store. (So basically the imported product has already been marked up by the % we specify in the options).
4) The product name just makes the complete name by combining two columns already included in the TAB deliminated file, and outputting it into the "Product Name" category. (joining two strings to be more specific). If this can be done on the fly, whilst importing even better. We want to be as efficient as possible with this - avoiding creating more colums etc..or a new file.
5) Lastly we need a new file to be output (our own datafeed with our specific catagories). We must be able to specify where it outputs to on the server, the name of the file, and the update frequency will be the same as when we pull the feed from our supplier. This is for other companies to pull our own feed.
So basically, everytime we update by datafeed from our supplier, we update our store with the markup, particular catagories in the TAB file which we will tell you such as description, image etc, and the edited product name by combining two catagories to create a full name (eg: Shirts / Pants = "Shirts Pants"). Once done, we output a new datafeed file with catagories containing information relevant to our store for others to pull such as image, description, name, price etc).
This all has to be automated. We want to be able to specify the options we have listed.
If your company knows how to incorporate this script into Interspire Shopping Cart (via addon (google this) that would be perfect, and we would be more likely to choose your services.
If you are a programmer, this is a fairly simple project.
With 100% successful completion of the project, we will continue to utilize your services and build a trustworthy relationship into the future as we will need further editing.
You will be provided with the datafeed locations so you can test this. We want to be able to test the script fully, and be satisfied, meaning revisions as necessary. Please provide us with links to your work (similar projects). We are reputable, and you will be paid for your services rendered. We look forward to working with you! Thank you :)
Timeline: 1 week
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online