To Develop an OS commerce add-on / plugin / extension
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1403 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Here is a high-level overview of the project. The first project involves osCommerce. The details are below.
I am looking for osCommerce expert(s) to do a few things…
To build an Oscommerce Add-On that will handle Selling and redeeming virtual Gift Cards/vouchers. This Add-On will be connected to an API that I will provide. We have our own system that handles the process of virtual gift card or gift voucher selling and redemption. We may also want to work with this team for continuing support (when osCommerce revises their application or we revise our API), Depending on the success of this Add-On we may follow up with similar projects for Magento and other open source ecommerce platforms. we are going to make this add-on available as free add on.
Find below more information that might explain our expectation;
1. To create an downloadable and executable oscommerce add-on that handles virtual gift voucher selling and redemption.
2. Once the oscommerce add-on is ready, it will be available in the web market for free for all oscommerce websites.
3. This add-on should be compatible with all versions of oscommerce shopping cart.
Here comes the functional specifications; (this is drafted in an assumption that the add-on is ready in a setup file format)
1. Download the oscommerce add-on from various websites.
2. The download will be in a form of setup file.
3. Install the setup file to the oscommerce website's backend control panel.
4. configure it to fit in a location of the website, either in header menu, footer menu or as a promotional banner that says "gift certificate" or "gift cards" or "gift voucher".
5. once the add-on is configured properly and it is ready to use in a oscommerce merchant website, the merchant needs to register with us to access our hosted virtual gift certficate server it is a SAAS.
6. The merchant will be prompted to fill a registration form in our website, once it is done he will be given a "website id" using which we are going to identify and process the gift certificate activities in his website.
7. once the website id and account username/password is given to the merchant, he can login using his website id and the account info to get the access to our API.
8. The oscommerce add-on that installed in the merchant's website will be communicating with our API there onwards.
Let us tell you the workflow of the add-on in respect to the website visitor/end user / shopper.
Let us assume a buyer visits the website, he wants to buy a gift for his friend for his wedding and get confused of variety of products available in the merchant's website(let it be an online apparel store for men and women). Then the buyer noticed a menu in the header says , then he push that button and following flow will happen,
Purchase Gift Card
Using the osCommerce shopping cart a user selects a gift card and enters the following information:
Gift card denomination
To and From Names and Personal message
Purchaser and recipient
Mobile phone number
Delivery date (default to current date)
The recipient will get an email stating that he received a virtual gifdt voucher which will have the sender name, his personal message as well.
The following flow happens while the recipient redeems the gift voucher to buy a product in the merchant's website.
Gift Card Redemption
He selects a product and added it to the cart
During the checkout process the user is able to enter a gift card ID to make a purchase ( where he prompts to use various payment gateways such as credit card, paypal, then a option sayd redeem gift voucher.)
The user enters the gift voucher number then completes the online shopping.
Gift Card details will be included on receipt or order confirmation page
To, From, and Message
Recipient Mobile text number
Purchaser Mobile text number
Important points to be noted;
1. Once the api is installed in the merchant's oscommerce website he should be prompted to register with our website.
2. We will provide a website id to the merchant so that he can start selling the gift voucher.
3. while a buyer is in the process of getting the gift card, the buyers details will be stored in our database, While he clicks submitt after he enters his credit card information, we need to redirect the activites to our website. Then we debit his CC and send the details to buyer as well as to the recipient.
4. merchant can login to our control panel to check the reports such as total sales or number of gift voucher sales, total sales value.
5. At the level of recipient enters the gift voucher number, the authentication will be carried out from our server.
6. Merchant can get the report of number of vouchers redeemed and the total encash for the day.
1. To create an Oscommerce add-on to communicate with our gift voucher API.
1. Our Gift voucher API,
2. SAAS based control panel to manage the merchants.
3. Complete workflow is already there for 4 years which is in built in our shopping card, how ever we just want to create an oscommerce add-on alone which is downloaded and installed to communicate with our exsisting system.
1. First come first serve, we are in the ready to go state so we are planning to start on monday (08th Feb 2010)
2. Need detailed project plan and estimate.
3. need links to check the add-on which you already built.(minimum 3)
4. An overview to explain how you are going to create the add-on , step by step navigation in the development process, just functional overview is reequired.
5. Budget will be a major factor to choose the vendor.
6. need to sign NDA before we award the project.
7. Since we located in eastern time zone of North America, would appreciate if you work in our time zone.( this is not mandatory)
8. Project will be awarded on 8th Feb 2010 around 11am EST.
9. Payment will be only through get a freelancer, let us know your split up.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online