This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $500 USD
User input must direct which book (of two provided, initially) and language pairs (virtue/vice or positive/negative) to analyze and graph.
Because PHP has limited and slow parsing capabilities, the parsing and data generation will need to be done in Python. A MySQL database provides content for comparison.
This demonstration project is to generate: a graph of the number of virtue and vice words per 1% of the words in the book.
A1. Each graph must include labels, the series titles and labeling, and a chapter break designator. The total number of words in the book, in addition to the number of words per 1%, must be displayed at top.
Chapters in the book are designated by a === Chapter X === format (see raw text).
The 1% calculation must be performed dynamically -- as this method will be applied to other text files (books) and for other kinds of calculations.
A2. There will be two stacked bar graphs, selected at top with dropdown:
\---| Raw count (e.g., the number of virtue and vice words per 1% of the book)
\---| Percentage count (e.g., the percentage of virtue and vice words per 1% count).
(1) A php file to take user input about book and property selection from the user.
(2) A python library that receives dynamic input from PHP (book selector) to determine which book and language properties (virtue/vice, positive/negative) to query and display. The python library must perform text operations on the book (text file) and query/compare against the enclosed MySQL table.
(3) A charting page, in PHP and using the D3js library, to display the results generated through Python parsing.
SEE FILES ENCLOSED:
(1) THREE BOOKS AS .TXT
(2) LANGUAGE DB TABLE
(3) SAMPLE SCREENSHOT FOR RESULTING CHART/GRAPH
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online