Our web-startup is looking for some modifications of existing drupal modules, specificially the google map API and modules which help it work. The google maps API runs through a few modules on drupal, listed here:
[url removed, login to view] (the mapping module)
[url removed, login to view] (allows users to assign locational info for mapping)
[url removed, login to view] (the module which allows dynamic filtering of content so we can control what does and what does not show up on a map or another page view).
We're fairly proficient with these modules already, and already have a semi-working map with 75% of the functionality we want. However, we would like some tweaks done to the modules that would give users the following:
1. The ability to assign custom markers to the map based on category (we already have content type), and have the option to assign a marker based on EITHER a category OR a content type. (If possible).
2. With these markers, the ability for administrators to add more markers based on category or content type easily. This doesen't have to be a graphical input, but creating some ability for us to add something to a list with an appropriate value and upload an image to use as a marker (we can handle that with photoshop no problem).
3. In addition to markers, we require some medium to import routes into the google map, such as point A to point B directions, (Maybe A to B to C, so on and so fourth) as well. Having customized colors and markers for these directions would be ideal.
4. We would require need this work to be able to run on later drupal platforms. Currently we are running Drupal 5.7, but we eventually will upgrade to 6.2 and so on.
As this project essentially entails modifying code that's already written, we are under the impression that a skilled php and java writer should be able to accomplish this without too much difficulty or time. This project is one of many which might come up in the future, and we would like to find a developer we can continue to use for projects down the road. We would like to stick with the same, reliable person for jobs in the future.
We're contactable by instant messenger, phone, email, etc, and would like to start this as soon as possible.
Thanks for viewing and hopefully we'll hear from you soon!
This project was awarded to
The best programmer i have worked with. Def a great person and most of ALL a great coder. Not only does he do the work to recommendation, he is also fast polite and helpful. We were so please, that we extended the project. One to Always recommend. Our project was converting a large phpnuke site to drupal. Then we had customisation of module. In all a very please person.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work