Exciting New Social Networking Project
- Status Closed
- Budget £1500 - £3000 GBP
- Total Bids 38
We are looking for an experienced and creative individual to create a Proof of Concept for a new Social Networking site centred around a Widget-based architecture.
The majority of the site will be built using open source software, with the following skills crucial:
• Experience working with Widgets.
• Dynamic approach to front-end design and development.
• CSS experience and working with cross browser compatibility.
• Strong understanding of standards compliant with XHTML/HTML5.
• A good eye for design and continuous focus on delivering an excellent user experience.
• A thorough understanding of Content Management Systems (e.g. Joomla, Drupal, Ruby on Rails and MVC).
• A good awareness of the social media landscape.
Main functionality of the site will include:
• Content Management
• User Management
• Smart Search
• Ability to upload photos & videos
• Create Profiles
• Instant & Internal Messaging
• Comment on & Rate content
• Add Contacts via email & other social networks
• Events Organiser
• Separate sign-up option for companies
Ideally we are looking for a developer who can also act as an architect and bring together the right technologies based upon the required functionality.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of references, examples of previous work undertaken and current availability.
Please note, a full Functional Requirements Specification document can be provided after an NDA has been signed.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online