Featured-Rich Wordpress Navigational Menu
This project was awarded to elanceguru for $130 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I would like to have a wordpress menu that works very similar to mashable's main navigational menu but with less features. (example: [url removed, login to view])
What needs to be done
I want the drop-down to be split by two columns. (just as mashable)
1st column is a simple list of subcategories. (basically what is already there)
2nd column is a list of 3 featured post with thumbnail images from within the parent category(I don't want the ability to load each categories content as mashable does just yet. When rolling over the category list the user shouldn't see subcategory's featured post. They should only be able to click on the 1st column's category links taking them into the desired section.)
Above the featured post list should say "featured post in (categories name)"
I think this is a easy-moderate project just because most of the functionality is already there inside of the theme, it just needs to display into the menu.
1. My website is running on the latest install of wordpress and has the standard wordpress menu options available.
2. My menu is comprised of 5 parent categories with sub categories within.
3. I have a custom field inside the "add new post" page which I can mark post's as featured. These post show inside of a slider which displays on the homepage.
4. When visiting a parent cateogy page (which displays all the post from that section) it also has the same slider which only displays post within that parent category.
5. I can do the css styling on it so dont worry about that much.I just need the elements placed in a close position
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online