I need a clever and intuitive web developer with fluent English to fix a number of bugs in my Wordpress based comparison website ensuring that my site works and appears correctly between different browsers. My site is [url removed, login to view]
The bugs you will need to fix are in the template/theme and in a certain custom built plugin which forms the comparison engine for my site. Below is a full list of bugs and modifications that I will need fixed.
Please read through the list carefull. If you know how to fix these get then please get in touch and place a bid. I you have any questions then please ask I will happily provide additional info if you need.
• Problem: There are three sliding images in the header of my theme (Black Sakura). These sliders do not work in some IE version. By this I mean they do not slide and they are not clickable.
• Solution: I need the slider to work in ALL modern browsers.
• Problem: The plugin converts symbols such as slashes and colons within the affiliate URLs to HTML thus changing the affiliate URLs. Firefox cannot interpret this and so the links don’t work in FF.
• Solution: This plugin to be fixed so that it does not convert the URLs to HTML.
• Problem: When the drop-down options (device type, Contract card type etc.) are selected on an Android mobile device, although the comparison table does change the listed deals, the selected option does not appear in the box. Instead the box still shows “All”.
• Solution: The drop-down options need to display the selected option.
• Problem: In IE 9 the deals table doesn’t load at all. The spinner just turns infinitely.
• Solution: Deals table needs to load in IE 9
• Problem: Deals from one of my feeds associated with the merchant ‘Three’ do not appear in the comparison table. The format of the feed may have been changed and the plugin cannot read the new format.
• Solution: The plugin needs to be programmed to read this feed.
• Problem: IN IE8 and IE7 the drop down options (device type, sim card type etc.) are right on top of the sliders overlapping. This looks like maybe it could be fixed with a little CSS that only takes effect if user agent is one of these two IEs.
• Solution: Add user agent specific CSS to fix this ensuring that the new CSS does not mess up any existing styling for other browsers.
• Problem: the site and associated plugins cause some errors in older versions of IE some of which have been discussed above. You can see these errors by testing the site in IE tester which is a free tool you can get here: [url removed, login to view]
• Solution: Ensure that my site works in, and appears perfectly in IE 7, 8,9,10.
• Problem: Google can see that the links I have in the deals table are affiliate links and Google doesn’t like affiliate links and this may be affecting my rankings.
• Solution: When a user clicks on a deal I need a light-box to open. In the lightbox I need it to show the SIM card image of the chosen network. The text should read; “you have selected a month SIM only contract from . Your deal comes with and costs £ per month.”
There needs to be two buttons beneath the text; and . If ‘Cancel’ is selected the light-box should close. If ‘Proceed’ is selected it should open a new tab that reads “we are taking you to your SIM only deals now. Please wait…”. The three dots (…) at the end of “Please wait…” should appear in sequence 1,2,3 and then disappear and sequence starts again. This page must then redirect via meta refresh to the URL of the deal on the merchants website. Have a look at this site to see how they have done it. Click on one of their deals and see what I mean. Something like this would be great: [url removed, login to view]
11 freelancers are bidding on average £196 for this job
Hi we checked your requirement,We could develop as per your need. u could check that out. we would work till your satisfaction. Thanks & Regards Techwelfare Please check inbox for our previous work.