I'm building a campaign site (based on Wordpress) and the nature of the site is to be a pit-stop between a high volume website and my clients landing page.
The user steps:
1. On the high volume website they click a link to the campaign site and we use Google Analytics utm parameters to track the user. E.x. we add "?utm_source=website.com&utm_campaign=marketing" to the link.
2. Then on the campaign site we have some more information about the product/offer and link to clients website
3. The customers hopefully purchase something on clients website
In campaign site's Google Analytics we have all the information we need, but on my clients Google Analytics all the incoming traffic is recorded as coming from the campaign site (which is true), but there is no way to tell which high volume site (step 1 above) is the original source.
So the plugin/script needs to do the following on the campaign site:
1. Called upon pageload and save the utm_parameters on users first visit (it's in the adress-bar)
2. Add the same utm_parameters on all outgoing links on the page/site (optional: ability to customize outgoing utm_parameters)
3. Trigger a _TrackEvent in Google Analytics
WP-plugin Google Analyticator already has a script that does step 3 (see attachment/screenshot).
I'm first time user of [url removed, login to view] and will have more similar work for the right developer if I see this was a good way to get things done.
Looking forward to hear from you.