Google PageSpeed Site Optimization
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Google PageSpeed Optimization:
We have a website under development that currently gets a Google PageSpeed Score of 65 (out of 100). We would like to improve the PageSpeed score by implementing the following PageSpeed recommendations:
1. Leverage browser caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
2. Enable compression: Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
3. Enable Keep-Alive
4. Optimize the order of styles and scripts: Correctly ordering external stylesheets and external and inline scripts enables better parallelization of downloads and speeds up browser rendering time.
6. Specify a cache validator: By specifying a cache validator - a Last-Modified or ETag header - you ensure that the validity of cached resources can efficiently be determined.
7. Specify a character set: Specifying a character set early for your HTML documents allows the browser to begin executing scripts immediately.
8. Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header: Instructs proxy servers to cache two versions of the resource: one compressed, and one uncompressed. This helps avoid issues with public proxies that do not detect the presence of a Content-Encoding header properly.
9. Avoid a character set in the meta tag: The following resources have a character set specified in a meta tag. Specifying a character set in a meta tag disables the lookahead downloader in IE8. To improve resource download parallelization, move the character set to the HTTP Content-Type response header.
TECHNOLOGIES IN USE:
-PHP 5.3.x (UTF-8)
-MySQL 5.x (UTF-8)
-Ubuntu [url removed, login to view] LTS 64bit
-Generic bids will be rejected. Serious bidders only. If you cannot complete the project, please do not bid.
-Please provide us with details including your normal working hours in the US EST time zone.
-Please put the text "I have thoroughly read your project brief and project requirements" so I know you read the entire project description.
-Please email me for additional information.
-Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) required before project start.
-All outputs of this project will be owned by the buyer including all related information property and copyrights. By bidding on this project, you agree to these terms.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online