Google PageSpeed Optimization:
We have a website under development that currently gets a Google PageSpeed Score of 65 (out of 100). We would like to improve the PageSpeed score by implementing the following PageSpeed recommendations:
1. Leverage browser caching: Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
2. Enable compression: Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
3. Enable Keep-Alive
4. Optimize the order of styles and scripts: Correctly ordering external stylesheets and external and inline scripts enables better parallelization of downloads and speeds up browser rendering time.
6. Specify a cache validator: By specifying a cache validator - a Last-Modified or ETag header - you ensure that the validity of cached resources can efficiently be determined.
7. Specify a character set: Specifying a character set early for your HTML documents allows the browser to begin executing scripts immediately.
8. Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header: Instructs proxy servers to cache two versions of the resource: one compressed, and one uncompressed. This helps avoid issues with public proxies that do not detect the presence of a Content-Encoding header properly.
9. Avoid a character set in the meta tag: The following resources have a character set specified in a meta tag. Specifying a character set in a meta tag disables the lookahead downloader in IE8. To improve resource download parallelization, move the character set to the HTTP Content-Type response header.
TECHNOLOGIES IN USE:
-PHP 5.3.x (UTF-8)
-MySQL 5.x (UTF-8)
-Ubuntu [url removed, login to view] LTS 64bit
-Generic bids will be rejected. Serious bidders only. If you cannot complete the project, please do not bid.
-Please provide us with details including your normal working hours in the US EST time zone.
-Please put the text "I have thoroughly read your project brief and project requirements" so I know you read the entire project description.
-Please email me for additional information.
-Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) required before project start.
-All outputs of this project will be owned by the buyer including all related information property and copyrights. By bidding on this project, you agree to these terms.