PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING BIDS FROM GITGIS FOR THIS PROJECT...
Thanks again for your work on the analytics coding.
I have attached the 2 pages we want to try and create from a web interface. I have annotated them with sticky notes to give you an idea of what we are trying to achieve.
* Basically, the client will enter text into fields and choose a photograph and once they press "save" this document will be created as a PDF.
* Each block of text has a character limit so it fits within the design.
* They cannot define any formatting themselves -> it is all formatted by the code.
Although the attached PDF's relate to a specific client, ideally we would like to develop some sort of code-base where I can create either an XML schema or some sort of definition file that can be read to generate the form for a generic client's use.
In terms of interface, it could either:
* be a set of html fields that are filled and a small preview version of the pages are displayed; or
* a fullsize version of the page with the actual fields being editable text (the same way as Wix or those other HTML 5 "build your own site" programs operate) -> but remembering there is no need to write any sort of style editing or moving of blocks around by the client -> it is fixed to that position and style defined in the config file.
* I do not mind how the PDF is created, but we will need to be able to use custom fonts. I have root access to our server, so this is not an issue in terms of installation.
In the example provided, the specifications and colour swatches defined at the bottom of Page 2 are very much specific to this client's needs, so there would need to be a block that can be defined as "custom database gathered content" or something similar.
This project is to create a prototype which can be further extended to include database connectivity and load / reload functions if we feel this solution can work.
Initially I am happy for a prototype to show:
* editable fields using a textarea for editing function.
*A method of defining leading and kerning (letter spacing and line height).
* character count assigned to fields (this would require an ID attached to each text field)
* chosing an image from a library and placing it in the background