Note: Repost to previous provider drop-out x 3
Please do not bid if:
1) You are going to have a family problem 1 hr before the project deadline and suddenly decide you can't go ahead (two weeks into the project)
2) You are going to insist on using email only (and only when you feel like it). I like and value communication with my freelancers and that means that you must be able to use instant chat as a minimum.
3) You are simply going to stop answering emails.
Also: Total cost to develop original system (which is much more complex than modifications outlined below) was only $1100. I accept that your cost structure mean you might want to charge more than this - but please use this as a guide to what we are going to think is a realistic price.
We have an existing mysql/php medical database that runs on localhost in 5 separate offices and need the following changes made:
1) There is an export and import data mode that is currently working (in that data exports and imports) but there is no way of checking that data is not overwritten. We need the addition of a last updated tag to records - and need the import to check the last updated tag before over-writing i.e. if we import data between sub-offices we always want to make sure we are left with the most up to date record.
2) We have an existing data entry form. We need to add an option for data entry clerk to select the type of visit (one of eight possible options). This should be possible using keyboard data entry (not mouse). This should be appended to each client record. There are different options that need to be added for male/female clients and for infant clients.
3) We need the following reports added to the existing report that can be generated by the database:
- The database report currently shows total number of clients between certain periods at certain geographic areas. This should be also broken down by gender - i.e. male/female/infant
- Two other existing reports should also be amended so they break down total client numbers by the reason the client came to the clinic. This should be in aggregate - i.e total clients (made up of x,y,z etc) and separately produce a report just based on that client type
- Options will be different as per point 2
Please provide an initial rough bid and an idea of your php/mysql expertise.
Shortlisted bidders will be shown a copy of the existing database and given an opportunity to adjust their bid based on their assessment.
A couple of people have asked for clarification about the export/import task.
1. Database runs on localhost so different sub clinics have a complete copy of the full database (even though they only edit/amend a portion of it
2. We are hoping to run weekly manual synchs between sub-clinics (as they need access to the full set of data - even if they are not going to edit all of it
At the moment
1. Client comes to Clinic A and their record is added to the database
2. The data is synched onto Clinic B's database
3. Client comes back to Clinic A and the data is edited
4. When the data is synched back from Clinic B the original older record overwrites the newer record
The first point in the project relates to the change we would like
1. The addition of a last edited tag to record
2. The adjustment of the import and export to take into account the last edited tag so that only data that is newer than the one in the host database is imported in.
Please pm if you need further clarification.
I may not hav e been clear re: pricing. The original database cost us $1100 only a few months ago. These modifications are not as complex as building the database from scratch. Hence you should bid proportionately (i.e. to give you a hint I am not going to be enthusiastic if you bid the same price - 1100 for a much smaller project)