I need to set up a website that allows users to:
- post URLs of interest
- have threaded conversations about them
- use Latex in their comments
- combine conversations regarding URLs -- for example, when 2 URLs lead to the same content, a moderator should be able to combine the discussions regarding them
On the face of it, this could be something like Reddit. However, I also need:
- users to be able to log in using OpenId, Facebook and the website's own profiles
- need to be able to prevent reposts by combining conversations
- customise the layout (to a limited extent)
- add a banner ad
- (possibly) use Akismet or something to prevent comment spam
I will need the freelancer to build the website, install it on my server (on Dreamhost) and walk me through the code.
If this project is undertaken, the freelancer should be prepared to extend the website:
- to scan a set of domain names for links of interest to automatically initiate conversations on
- extract straightforward information (eg, author names & email addresses) for posting in the conversations on the website
In case it is of any help in understanding what I want, the website is meant to help discuss scientific papers.
To clarify -- users do not need to be able to customise the layout. I meant that your code should be clean and straightforward enough for me to modify it to customise the layout.
One more requirement: along with being able to discuss the links, users will also be able to score the link in the following categories on a 1-5 scale:
24 freelancers are bidding on average $1235 for this job
Hi ,We have viewed and analysis your job description. We are expert in designing as well in development. We will provide you quality of [url removed, login to view] check the PMB for more [url removed, login to view]
Thanks for inviting us to bid on this project. We have a team of highly qualified and creative professionals. Give us a chance to show our talents and we assure you quality.
Hello, I'm a web-designer and I represent a team of experienced web/mobile developers, commited in creating the best user experiences, alied to well thought out interfaces. Best Regards, Paulo Barbosa