Set up a website for discussing URLs
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1257 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need to set up a website that allows users to:
- post URLs of interest
- have threaded conversations about them
- use Latex in their comments
- combine conversations regarding URLs -- for example, when 2 URLs lead to the same content, a moderator should be able to combine the discussions regarding them
On the face of it, this could be something like Reddit. However, I also need:
- users to be able to log in using OpenId, Facebook and the website's own profiles
- need to be able to prevent reposts by combining conversations
- customise the layout (to a limited extent)
- add a banner ad
- (possibly) use Akismet or something to prevent comment spam
I will need the freelancer to build the website, install it on my server (on Dreamhost) and walk me through the code.
If this project is undertaken, the freelancer should be prepared to extend the website:
- to scan a set of domain names for links of interest to automatically initiate conversations on
- extract straightforward information (eg, author names & email addresses) for posting in the conversations on the website
In case it is of any help in understanding what I want, the website is meant to help discuss scientific papers.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online