Start Page integrated with Facebook
This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $307 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I need an experienced developer to develop a website highly integrated with Facebook.
Requirements for the developer eligibility:
* Facebook API expertise
* Strong background in PHP, JS and HTML / CSS creation (IE compliant, tableless)
* Experienced in Twitter API
* Artistic design will be provided in PSD files. The developer will be responsible for coding the HTML, CSS and PHP.
* Fluid English (enough to maintain a skype conversation without difficulty)
* Able to complete daily checkpoints
* This will be a website aimed at being the homepage of the user. Will integrate Facebook, Twitter and Google Search. So when the user opens the browser, he will have a webpage with the possibility of: searching on Google, looking at the latest FB and Twitter activity, write a FB status or tweet.
o Google Search is easily implemented with a code provided by Google Adsense.
o FB “home” (latest friend’s activity) is provided by the Graph API using [username]?fields=home. It returns the feed in rest format.
o Latest tweets can be retrieved with Twitter API.
* The website will have customization:
o Slideshow with user’s pictures (randomly selected) and gallery pictures from famous artists (this will be manually picked by the user and / or automatically matched with the user likes on FB)
o Facebook user profile picture will be displayed on the website.
o Next to the user profile picture, a heading / title will be shown with a cool font (may be implemented using Google Fonts). For example “John Doe’s start page!”
o If the user has a @gmail, @yahoo or @hotmail email, a link will be created to gmail, yahoo or Hotmail depending on each case.
o There will be a small section of news, where random news will be shown (according to the FB likes). For example, if the user liked “Justin beiber”, then we will show news about Justin.
* Google AdSense for Content will be shown randomly in random positions (as interstitials).
* When the user visits the website for first time, it will be:
o Prompted to accept permissions for the website to access the information that we need (pictures, email, basic info, likes, home feed, permission to publish status on the wall).
o Will be taught how to set this website as the homepage (depending on the browser), step by step.
* As the website will be the homepage, it will be shown each time the browser opens. This means it needs to load VERY quickly. Therefore, some cache techniques should be implemented in order for the website to load in less than 2 seconds (with a good internet connection).
* It should be compatible with all of the Internet Explorer versions as follows: 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
* It should detect where the visitor is coming from (IP -> country) in order to show the correct Google results pages.
* The user will be logged in with FB. But its information will be stored in an internal BD as well.
* When a user updates his status though this website, it will say below the post “through [name of the website]”.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online