Web-based inventory management system w/ accounting features
This project received 29 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1796 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
Please see attachment for full descriptions and requirements of this project. This is a time-senstive project, please do NOT bid unless you can work closely with us. Thank you.
We are an international trading company with multiple office/warehouse locations. We are looking for an inventory control system with basic accounting features.
• User-friendly nice looking interface is necessary. Minimizing page refresh with dynamic page loading is a plus.
• Keep tracking unlimited number of items at unlimited warehouse locations.
• Generate item reports with all purchases and sales records in given period of time frame.
• Generate Inventory reports by date, location, and/or item.
• Generate Financial reports (Profit / Lose) by date, location, customer, and/or item.
• Inventory may be purchased, transferred, sold, returned, charged back from or to locations.
• Use FIFO for all inventory management. For example, at transfer / sale, always transfer out or sale the inventory acquire earliest at this location.
• Record item transfers from location to location. At each location, for each item, keep track item cost up till this location. At original location the item was purchased, the cost of this item is the purchase price. After transfers, the item cost is the purchase price plus all transfer costs occurred till current location.
• There are two transfer cost methods. One is by item weight. User inputs total transfer cost for the transfer, system will use items’ unit weight to calculate how much is the transfer cost for each item. For example, a transfer for 100 pieces A (unit weight = 2) and 200 pieces B (unit weight = 3). Total transfer cost is 400. For this transfer, transfer cost of A would be 2* 400 / (100*2 + 200*3) =1, and 1.5 for B. The other one is taking unit cost directly from user, and calculating total transfer cost for this transfer. For the same transfer in previous example, user inputs transfer cost for A=1 and B=2, system should calculate the total transfer cost is 500, regardless the item unit weight. User sets which method for each individual transfer.
• Sale may happen at any location. There is a shipping cost and shipping charge for each sale. Use by unit weight method to calculate both unit shipping cost (shipping we paid out, add to cost of good sold) and unit shipping charge (shipping customers paid us, add to unit sale price), for the profit/lose calculation.
• If any transaction makes a location with negative inventory qty, prompt an error message without process the transaction.
• Make sure when edit / remove any transaction all effects made by this transaction must be reversed. For example, if a Transfer is removed, all inventory location and cost will be adjusted. If a Transfer Cost is modified, cost of corresponding inventory must be adjusted as well. In addition, returns (refund with merchandise back in inventory) and charge backs (refund with no inventory) needs to be handled.
• Two user levels: Administrator can do everything. Staff sees inventory status in some selected locations but limited to make inventory change on a particular location(s). In addition, the homepage of this application should be an inventory status report for selected locations.
• All tables need to be printable with printer-friendly versions.
• Please code with PHP + MySQL, and make sure your code works on: Operating system: Linux, MySQL version: [url removed, login to view], and PHP version: 5.2.14.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online