Wordpress Plugin Development
- Status Closed
- Budget £250 - £750 GBP
- Total Bids 23
I have a Wordpress eCommerce website running BuddyPress and TheCartPress with a Marketplace plugin allowing multiple users to list their items, typically antique books, for sale on the website.
I require a custom plugin which will allow users to add additional information to a product. The plugin should work with all Post Types and Custom PostTypes (Selected from the Dashboard). Crucially, this additional information needs to be fully normalised and fully searchable.
The information that needs to be added to each product is:
- Each post can have zero or many people attached. A person consists of a Title, Firstname, Middlenames, Surname, Suffix.
- Each Person can have zero or more life events.
- A life event consists of a life event type (eg Birth, Marriage, Death), a date and a location
- A life event type should be definable in the Wordpress dashboard
- Each post can have zero or many publishing attributes (This is to represent the physical item being modelled, eg books, and is not related to the publication of the post). This will consist of a publishing type (eg Published, Printed, Sold, Authored) a date, a name and a location (eg Published 1777, Oxford University Press, Oxford, England)
- Publishing details such as Publishers will need to be Normalised (for example the aim here would be to have a normalised list of Publishers)
As this data needs to be searchable, sortable and reportable (eg “Number of products with surname X listed”, “All Products of type Y with Surname X listed”, “All Products with life events between date A and B”), it would not be appropriate to store this as Wordpress Post MetaData, so seperate, normalised tables will need to be defined. A sample data model is in use on the prototype and may be suitable. This will be provided to the successful bidder as a base to work from.
A Note about Locations
I expect locations will ultimately be recorded in lat/lon and will use Google Maps or OpenLayers API to report address etc. This would be up for discussion with the developer to determine the best way of implementing this.
Searching / Reporting
Users will need to be able to search for products based on
- Person name, life events, location or date
- Attribute type, date and location (eg “all items with publisher x between date a & b”, “All items with publing attribute x in location y”)
- Output of results should be togglable between a Map format (OpenLayers or Google Maps) and a formated list.
- Pins on maps should be consolidated on zoomed out views, rather than providing a single pin for each search result, even at full world scale.
The additional person / publishing information needs to be fully integrated with the Wordpress dashboard, and will show attention to detail (saving when leaving fields for example), Writeahead forms etc, and an intuitive user interface. Again, we can provide access to our prototype for an example of how this works currently. We expect good coding standards and good practice to be followed in the creation of a professional quality WP Plugin.
In summary, the output of this project would be one professional quality plugin which:
* Allows Person and Publishing information to be added to posts and custom post types
* Provides Admin Screens for defining the parameters of the plugin
* Provides an advanced search interface
* Returns formated lists of posts on Google Map or Open Layers Map and as a list.
Please note, it is important that we get this plugin right first time, and as such generic bids will not be accepted or entered into.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online