php programming project
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 11
Here are descriptions of three classes in an object-oriented program that you will write.
=== Deck ===
- The Deck class represents a standard 52-card deck; Ace high
- Each card is in one of two states -- dealt (D) and not-yet-dealt (ND)
- Cards are ordered. The D and ND cards each have their own order
- When created, all 52 cards are ND, and are in order, by suit
(clubs 2 through A, diamonds 2 through A,
hearts 2 through A, spades 2 through A)
dealOne() -- moves the top card from ND to D and returns the card
print() -- prints non-dealt cards and dealt-cards (in order, as
shuffle() -- Shuffles the deck randomly
Make your own shuffle algorithm. Be prepared
to explain how it works.
=== Card ===
- The Card class represents a single card
print() -- prints the type of card
=== Hand ===
- The Hand class represents a set of cards. From 0 to 52 cards, total
- Cards are always in a definite order
print() -- prints the hand (in order)
addCard(card) -- adds a card to the hand
sortBySuit() -- sorts the cards by suit (see intro for suit order), and then by value (see
intro for value order)
sortByValue() -- sorts by value, then by suit
Write your own custom sort algorithm. Be prepared
to explain how it works.
hasStraight(len, sameSuit) -- returns true if hand
contains a straight of the given length.
If sameSuit is true, counts only straights
with cards in the same suit (flushes);
If sameSuit if not true, any straight is counted
1) Write a program that
- Implements the classes above and creates and shuffles a deck and then
deals two or more 5-card hands from the deck.
- Write all the code yourself including the code to shuffle and
- Should be a simple command-line utility, not a gui app. If you
generate any graphs, you can use any utility, such as a spreadsheet,
matlab, matplotlib, gnuplot, etc.
- Code must be written in php
- Design is important; get the interfaces right
- Code readability is important
- A simple implementation that gets the job done (and meets other
requirements) is better than a complex implementation.
- Comments not necessary unless there is something that might not be
obvious to a reader. Make a note of any assumptions that may not
be obvious from a method signature.
- Careful error checking not required, but if error checking helps you
develop the code, it's fine to leave it in.
- Don't over-engineer -- this is a limited problem, not the start of a
commercial poker system
- If you write test code to make sure things are working, go ahead and
include that.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online